Anyone using brightwells salt???

reefsandrotts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to say i use it and love it.Ive never had it mix up
with calcium that low,always in the 520 area.
My lfs sells it for $54.00 for a 150 gallon bucket
dont think thats overpriced.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ageed, I have to say after three months of using it the cal almost always mixes up to around 420-450 for me. Alk mixes to about 11, and the Magnesium mixes to about 1250. Since I like to run my Mag at about 1450, that is the only parameter I have an issue with. Although I have noticed that I do not dose as much mag as when I used Seachem Reef salt or Reef crystals, which confuses me. As far as price I get the neomarine for $99 for two 150 gallon mix buckets. About the same as what I can get reef crystals or Seachem for locally. I have noticed that my blues and purples seem brighter since I started using the Brightwell. I attribute tat to a more balanced blend of trace elements.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm..... maybe i will try it... i personally love all there products and have used them for a long time, thats why i was gonna try the salt....i hear just as much bad stuff about coralife but i have never exp. a problem with it....

EMTDIVER16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I liked it with the exception of the chemical burns on my hands after getting them wet. Then when I got to the end of the bucket the salinity was way off, I guess my bucket settled in transit even though I rolled it around. I switched back to Seachem reef.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I liked it with the exception of the chemical burns on my hands after getting them wet. Then when I got to the end of the bucket the salinity was way off, I guess my bucket settled in transit even though I rolled it around. I switched back to Seachem reef.
thats the one reason i like coral life it comes in 3 bags so you can just toss the bag around in your hand it makes it real easy not a full bucket of salt...

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still rockin' Old School IO here... the most consistent salt from the best mfg. facility in the world. Other salts get really popular one month or two and later the formulation changes and people switch brands. How many people have gone thru the TM, D-D, KM, Oceanic, Coralife and RC phases?

Last edited:

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Brightwell salt since it first came out and have had nothing but great success with it up to this point. Magnesium is a little low but I've found that my alk is more stable than ever.

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone using the new Seachem aquavitro salinty salt? my lfs is basically switching over to this from tropic marine basically. only been through one water change , but i am hoping for good things.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell salt is a lil high here . I tried a 50 gallon bag and it was okay but a lil grainy after mixing . I am about out of Salinity It mixes really fast and is fine and powdery? . U have to be carefull not to breath the powder when adding it to ro/di . It also has decent parameters . I would use either or dependent on price .

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still rockin' Old School IO here... the most consistent salt from the best mfg. facility in the world. Other salts get really popular one month or two and later the formulation changes and people switch brands. How many people have gone thru the TM, D-D, KM, Oceanic, Coralife and RC phases?

2 1/2 years on Oceanic... I guess my phase is still going strong. I like to run my parameters high and it gives me that on all 3..:bigsmile:

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm. the only stuff i can get locally is coralife, or seachmans reef salt, and now brightwells.... they have tm.pro but in little 25gal boxes.. i like to get 150 to 200 gal mix when i buy it since i mix 55gal at a time.... the only place i saw in vegas carring io. was petco and i bought a bucket long ago and it was hard as a rock!!! prolly sat on there shelf for a year since there regular customers buy little bags etc...hmm... there is just way to many choices to make in this hobby lol...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back