OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds basic and you may have already done it, but you might want to try unplugging the Aquabus cable (connecting the PowerBar to the head unit) and plugging it back in. If that (among the other suggestions above) does not work, try swapping it for the cable your breakout box is using. It's possible that you have a bad cable, though from the look of your screenshots at least one cable is working.
I did do that, but I did not try plugging it into a different port. I'll be trying that first thing tomorrow. The cables actually different so I can't swap them :(

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the EB832 should be on that modules page.
You can't update the firmware on the EB832 if it doesn't even show up.

Last edited:

bgoldb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my APEX last night and began setting it up as soon as I got home from work. I followed the steps in the "get started" guide and everything was going fine until it came to time to plug stuff in. Following the steps, I plugged my return pump into outlet three aaannd nothing happened. So I tried tinkering with it (this is my first APEX and I really didn't know what I was doing). I followed the steps on BRS 160 to program outlets and that didn't work either. As a final attempt I tried just changing the name to what it was in the guide, at this point it was 2 in the morning and I was pretty much just blindly pushing buttons. Does anybody have any advice on how to make this work? Inside my stand is an absolute mess right now because I had to plug everything back into the old power outlet, I was completely out of ideas...

Lol, also, apparently my tank isn't doing as well as I thought it was. I've been getting texts all day that stuff is out of limits...

20170110_164709.jpg

20170110_164656.jpg

Screenshot_20170110-175830.png

Screenshot_20170110-175858.png

Screenshot_20170110-054425.png

Definitely go to modules screen and update firmware on EB832. I had the same problem and this fixed my issues.

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try using the local login not fusion to do an aquabus reset.

Or you can use the remote head unit to browse through the menus to do it.

Also, the cable is a standard usb a male to usb a male you can get those anywhere.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely go to modules screen and update firmware on EB832. I had the same problem and this fixed my issues.
The EB isn't even being recognized as a module right now so I have nothing to update... :(

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resetting should be the last resort if you've already calibrated your probes unless you have extra calibration liquid.
You can do aquabus reset which does not uncalibrate your probes.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reeeeeset
Ha ha, I did a resest... only it was a whole thing reset. Yeah... I'm going to have to recalibrate. I can't seem to find the procedures for the aquabus reset either. I'm super new to this so I'm just about completely lost.

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you visited the Neptune forum or called Neptune support?
Might be time to get an expert on this.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you visited the Neptune forum or called Neptune support?
Might be time to get an expert on this.
I have taken a look at the forums, kind of difficult to navigate though. I agree, as soon as I get home I'm going to get a hold of tech support. I would do it now, but it looks like I need to be on a computer to allow them to access my unit.

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to find the procedures for the aquabus reset either.

Tap the gear icon to expand the top icons, then tap the wrench icon.
Scroll to the bottom to find the "Restart Apex device" button.

Good luck, I'd be frustrated with a new toy that didn't work but I'm sure they'll get it all sorted out for you.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it be?...

Screenshot_20170111-114949.png

Did an angel descend from heaven and secretly fix my problem?
Screenshot_20170111-115235.png

It looks like it. I can't wait to get home and check to see if it's actually working.
Screenshot_20170111-115344.png

A HUGE thank you to everyone that helped me out. Turns out patience was the key. Thanks again guys.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!

What fixed it?
I didn't do a single thing. It just popped up out of nowhere. It kind of worries me though that one day it'll just drop offline again. I may still contact support so they can run a diagnostic on it or whatever just to make sure things check out. I seriously appreciate your help with this. I was definitely getting a little frustrated.

lariat8099

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new apex system and all I'm trying to do is program outlet #6 for a refuguim light from 9pm till 7am. I've tried setting it up thru Fusion on my Ipad and my Iphone and still it will not turn on with the settings. But I can turn the outlet on and off my using the slide for the outlet from auto to on. This is aggravating me to no end. Its become a glorified surge outlet. PLEASE help you Apex pros out there.. Thanks

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried setting it up thru Fusion on my Ipad and my Iphone and still it will not turn on with the settings.
Can you share the resulting script?

Here's mine - which is on from 6pm till 10am, and off if my tank temp gets too high:

Set ON
If Time 10:00 to 18:00 Then OFF
If Tmp > 82.0 Then OFF

lake985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new apex system and all I'm trying to do is program outlet #6 for a refuguim light from 9pm till 7am. I've tried setting it up thru Fusion on my Ipad and my Iphone and still it will not turn on with the settings. But I can turn the outlet on and off my using the slide for the outlet from auto to on. This is aggravating me to no end. Its become a glorified surge outlet. PLEASE help you Apex pros out there.. Thanks

Here's the code I'm using for my fuge light:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 20:15 to 14:00 Then ON
If Tmp > 81.0 Then OFF
Min Time 005:00 Then OFF

edit: Woops...looks like Mr. DLH beat me to it :D

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back