Apex 2016

r33fswagg3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine purchased a brand new Apex 2016 from a LFS. He had it in his possession for about a month before he finally opened it. Discovered all the probes were dry. He contacted Neptune support and they said they would not cover them under warranty. Has anyone had a similar problem? Would the probes still be good?

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone with more knowledge will surely come along and correct this if it's wrong, but from my understanding they will have just lost their factory calibration. They need to be calibrated before use anyway, so I'm not sure that this a huge problem. Again, this is all from what I understand about probes and could be entirely wrong (I'm still pretty new to this myself). Good luck to your friend! I just got mine setup this week and am thoroughly enjoying it :)

OP
OP
r33fswagg3r

r33fswagg3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Systems graciously handled the matter appropriately thru no fault of their own, the email was misinterpretted by my friend. They never directly said no and offered a suggestion and furthermore stated that if there was continued issues they would have the probes sent in. I read the email and my friend misinterpreted.

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Systems graciously handled the matter appropriately thru no fault of their own, the email was misinterpretted by my friend. They never directly said no and offered a suggestion and furthermore stated that if there was continued issues they would have the probes sent in. I read the email and my friend misinterpreted.
Just out of curiosity, what was their suggestion?

dysfam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't ship with the calibration fluid bags for the probes in the new 2016 apex? The classic apexes are shipped with calibration fluids so in case the probes are not working after you calibrate them....warranty will cover that......They cover the probes don't function correctly within 1 year from the date on the receipt

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't ship with the calibration fluid bags for the probes in the new 2016 apex? The classic apexes are shipped with calibration fluids so in case the probes are not working after you calibrate them....warranty will cover that......They cover the probes don't function correctly within 1 year from the date on the receipt
They do come with 7.0 and 10.0 calibration fluid. They also come with caps filled with storage fluid, and I think the concern was that they had dried out.

dysfam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but I was just saying not to worry about the warranty...He is covered :)
They do come with 7.0 and 10.0 calibration fluid. They also come with caps filled with storage fluid, and I think the concern was that they had dried out.

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They suggested letting the probes soak in the sump/tank and then calibrate if needed.

The Apex 2016's do come with calibration solutions. His particular probes were dry, that's why he was concerned.
Cool, good to know just in case it ever happens!

True, but I was just saying not to worry about the warranty...He is covered :)
Ah, I understand now.

Back