Apex Question

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just depends on what you want to do. That unit comes with pretty much everything, but depending your lights and pumps you might want the WXM module. If you have Radions etc. those will help you run them through the APEX. That's not necessarily "needed" as you can run them through reef link just as easily.

Really just depends. What is your set up? What are you trying to do?

Lots of people get the breakout box so they can run float switches and door alarms and stuff.

The leak module is nice piece of mind to have.

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just depends on what you want to do. That unit comes with pretty much everything, but depending your lights and pumps you might want the WXM module. If you have Radions etc. those will help you run them through the APEX. That's not necessarily "needed" as you can run them through reef link just as easily.

Really just depends. What is your set up? What are you trying to do?

Lots of people get the breakout box so they can run float switches and door alarms and stuff.

The leak module is nice piece of mind to have.
Thanks my lights won't hook to the Apex I have Reef Breeder light but yes I want leak boc and I think a break out box for float switches too, Is the ORP probe of much use ?

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda depends on what you want to control with the Apex. Do you have a plan in your head on what you want it to do for you?
LOL lost of plans but not enough time or money to get them all done. I want leak detection and float switch box for auto top off , I amy not sure if I can run a camera through it and then I can dial into it when I am not at home.

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sure - the ORP is nice to have I guess. Just another indicator of things being within the norms. There's going to be various opinions on how important ORP really is, but I just have it set up to send me an alarm if it goes up or down too much from the average. So that's nice - I guess it would tell me if a big fish died or something.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back