Aquariums by Chloe

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have any experience with them...but here's a BUMP in hopes someone else may. :)

DontEatThePalys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signed up just to respond to this, but do not buy from this guy. There is a long history surrounding his bad customer service and potentially shoddy work.

Personally, my own experience was that he started spamming the hell out of me, emailing me 4-6 times per day for a week in response to a craigslist ad I requested pictures about until I threatened to report his business to the BBB and potentially get the police involved for harassment charges.

When I shared this experience on the columbus saltwater facebook group, at least a dozen people chimed in about bad vibes and bad experiences. Everything from stringing them along to get them to show up when the item they are interested in was long gone, to flat out taking their money and not delivering agreed upon tanks or services. Hell, one person even said he was duped into buying 100# of texas holey rock that "Rich" told him was safe for saltwater reef tanks and cost just as much as live rock.

He changed the company name at some point of time to "aquariums by chloe" to try and get rid of the negativity associated with the aquart name, but the internet doesn't forget:

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/please-boycott-ohio-tank-seller-aquart.18368/

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't buy from him. I didn't get a good feeling about him, also I didn't want another acrylic.

I bought a 210 Aqueon glass from my LFS for half the price

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't buy from him. I didn't get a good feeling about him, also I didn't want another acrylic.

I bought a 210 Aqueon glass from my LFS for half the price

You dodged a bullet there on an adventure with the old AquaArt. I have seen their product and it was beyond shoddy. Had to replace a new leaking sump they made for large tank in a national sporting goods retailer that likes to have Bass aquariums on display. The tanks was made with raw saw cuts and two part adhesive, material was too thin and the corners re-inforced like a glass euro tank. Bubbles, solvent runs, and a top made out of scraps bonded together. I would not stand in front of the tank full of water it was so shoddy. Since it was framed into a wall most people will never notice the poor workmanship. bowed like a football when full of water. The national chain thought the got a "good deal" but I doubt the tank lasted a year in the store.

Glad you made a good choice with a national tank builder.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%

Back