Aquaticlife T5 4 bulb fixture

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2reefer's,
I have been using a ati coral plus t5 bulb and 3 Actinic bulbs in my LPS dominant 40 gallon breeder. I love my actnics and was wondering if I swapped out my coral plus bulb with another acticinic would I still see good coral growth or would it cause them to get smaller? I don't have a glass cover and my light is suspended so I could get my light very close to the water surface if that would possibly make the all actinic light setup work. Please help me out all you light experts,

I also have a couple ati blue plus bulbs a 10,000k aquaticlife bulb purple bulb and a aqua blue special bulb in my bulb collection, so if you know a better bulb combination for optimal coral growth please share.

Thank you

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion if you like the heavy actinic look would be 2 actinic and 2 blue +. I'm not sure all actinic would work well since you would be completely lacking the higher spectrum light (red).

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion if you like the heavy actinic look would be 2 actinic and 2 blue +.

I agree, playing with your combination to find what you prefer is advisable, just try and use at least 2 colors of bulbs to maximize your spectrum. Blue Plus is the staple, I'd start with 1 of them and fiddle with the other 3 to get a spectrum you prefer for your own eyes.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1243.JPG
I agree, playing with your combination to find what you prefer is advisable, just try and use at least 2 colors of bulbs to maximize your spectrum. Blue Plus is the staple, I'd start with 1 of them and fiddle with the other 3 to get a spectrum you prefer for your own eyes.
Thanks, I ended up doing some more research and found out like you guys said I need the full spectrum so I used my aquablue special which is a 15,000k bulb with a lot of blue (that bulb is in the back)
Next two bulbs closer to the front are my actinic coral poppin bulbs
And the bulb closest to the front I went with a purple which helps my pink/purple/red colors pop
I'm pretty happy with the look of it , my corals seem to like it too. Thank you guys for your help.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back