Archon Power Bar Issue w/ Air Pump

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added an air pump that is powered from the 2nd or 3rd position on the PC4. Those are the only two positions open to me on that bar. It appears there is not enough current draw to turn off the air pump after the timer runs out as the bar shows the light off and the Archon says the output is off but the air pump is still on. I recall reading that there is some device I can add to these outputs that will correct this issue. Can anyone help me out with what it is? Or is there something up with the PC4?

OP
OP
C

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add that when I unplug the air pump and plug it back in the air pump is off.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a surge protector between the PC4 outlet and the pump. What is causing your problem is the back EMF pulse from the pump causing the triac to turm back on. This pulse from the pump can be several hundred volts. Find a surge protector that has a clamping voltage of 330 volts. The Alternative is to get a PB4. These have built in devices to prevent the back EMF pulse from turning the triac back on.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%

Back