Arctic-T247 LED help

Anthonyx34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my Red sea reefer 170 (34 gallon tank) (9 gallon sump) for about 7 months now but i don't see much growth or color in the tank, not sure what i should be running the intensity of the lights at, and I've switched over to running just blues all day. Cant find the right pattern, can anyone help how much intensity, and if i should even run whites.

lazlodawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, when I had this light I had it mounted on the included arms over a 24" deep tank, lighting a mixed reef. I worked my way up to 80% Blue and 20% Whites by increasing a total percentage of 5% per week. Example: Started at 40% Blue and 10% White, then the next week 44% Blue and 11% white.
These lights are very strong and grew my corals well. I had the Blues on for 9 hours total and the whites on for 5 hours total during the day. I saw more growth when I used the whites. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
A

Anthonyx34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, when I had this light I had it mounted on the included arms over a 24" deep tank, lighting a mixed reef. I worked my way up to 80% Blue and 20% Whites by increasing a total percentage of 5% per week. Example: Started at 40% Blue and 10% White, then the next week 44% Blue and 11% white.
These lights are very strong and grew my corals well. I had the Blues on for 9 hours total and the whites on for 5 hours total during the day. I saw more growth when I used the whites. Hope this helps!
Going to try this out ! Thank you very much ! I'll let you know how it goes

lazlodawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know for sure! By the way, that 80/20 number is just the mix that I thought looked good on my set up. Set the lights for a color mix that you like where the percentages add together to around 100 and work your way up to that setting slowly. Post a pic when you get the chance!

OP
OP
A

Anthonyx34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post a picture soon, not too sure where I should stop the intensity at but we will see ! Thank you so much

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back