Are snowflake eels considered "Reef Safe?" And other questions.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1006161853.jpg

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest project for me is my man cave tanks. Going to do a 40g sitting next to a 20g with a 30g sump underneath. The 40g will be for a pair of golden dwarfs and the 20g for a P. Ciliata. I'll have the 20g up and running with basic equipment first since I have all that.

OP
OP
Cowfish928

Cowfish928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, a pair of Golden Dwarfs Morays? Aren't those like super expensive? And the 20g you have, its for a mantis shrimp, right?

Also here is my Dwarf Lion. My falco is also in the video. And I tried getting a coral beauty and he got horribly ripped up from my Falco. So I euthanized, he couldn't even swim normally.

b0257a4bfa87190ed086b50a3500270a.jpg

@Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, a pair of Golden Dwarfs Morays? Aren't those like super expensive? And the 20g you have, its for a mantis shrimp, right?

Also here is my Dwarf Lion. My falco is also in the video. And I tried getting a coral beauty and he got horribly ripped up from my Falco. So I euthanized, he couldn't even swim normally.

b0257a4bfa87190ed086b50a3500270a.jpg

@Duke4Life

Yes goldens are a bit expensive but also part of my deal with my wife for giving up cigs. And yes the 20g will be made a mantis tank.

Nice lion but had no idea a falco would/could do that to a bigger fish. Sorry you had 2 do that.

OP
OP
Cowfish928

Cowfish928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Phillip,

Just got my tank up and running. But I have to fix the tubing coming from the bulkheads from the overflow because they are leaking. Also ordered some MarinePure Biomedia so I can have some bacteria that eats nitrate.

How are the projects/Aquariums going? Hopefully everything isn't hectic for you, because you just moved!

@Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Phillip,

Just got my tank up and running. But I have to fix the tubing coming from the bulkheads from the overflow because they are leaking. Also ordered some MarinePure Biomedia so I can have some bacteria that eats nitrate.

How are the projects/Aquariums going? Hopefully everything isn't hectic for you, because you just moved!

@Duke4Life
That's the worst hooking up the plumbing lines and having them leak hope you got that fixed.

The smaller tanks will be 100% operating by the end of today, every time I've gone to do that my wife has had another project/moving furniture for me to do.

OP
OP
Cowfish928

Cowfish928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just made a whole bathtub full of RODI water. Took almost 2 days. Also I got the overflow plumbing fixed! Also I ordered a TDS Meter(which I should have bought with the RODI system). I have a pump in the bathtub to make sure the water is not stagnent. I will drill a small hole on the top of the u-tubes in the overflow box, then I will attach an aqua lifter to both of them, so no bubbles will accumulate, so I will never break siphon. Then the water the aqua lifter gets, goes down into the sump. Does that sound ok to do?

@Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just made a whole bathtub full of RODI water. Took almost 2 days. Also I got the overflow plumbing fixed! Also I ordered a TDS Meter(which I should have bought with the RODI system). I have a pump in the bathtub to make sure the water is not stagnent. I will drill a small hole on the top of the u-tubes in the overflow box, then I will attach an aqua lifter to both of them, so no bubbles will accumulate, so I will never break siphon. Then the water the aqua lifter gets, goes down into the sump. Does that sound ok to do?

@Duke4Life
Better ask @reefwiser for the answer to this.
Here's my progress
1017161828a.jpg

OP
OP
Cowfish928

Cowfish928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, I love that room! It seems big. And those chairs look so comfortable. Hahahah. Is that the 20 Gallon that the mantis shrimp will be?

@Duke4Life

OP
OP
Cowfish928

Cowfish928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Duke4Life

So I have new plans. I set up the 110 Gallon that was going to be my saltwater Aquarium, into a freshwater aquarium. For my fish in my 55 Gallon, as an upgrade. So I bought an acrylic 110 Gallon for saltwater. Now I can drill, which I'm happy about. So I don't have to play the risky game of the overflow box. I'm so excited that I can play it safe now. Do you know how to plumb an aquarium? How low I should put the holes in the back? Or what kind of drill I need to use? This will be my first time plumbing an Aquarium.

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Duke4Life

So I have new plans. I set up the 110 Gallon that was going to be my saltwater Aquarium, into a freshwater aquarium. For my fish in my 55 Gallon, as an upgrade. So I bought an acrylic 110 Gallon for saltwater. Now I can drill, which I'm happy about. So I don't have to play the risky game of the overflow box. I'm so excited that I can play it safe now. Do you know how to plumb an aquarium? How low I should put the holes in the back? Or what kind of drill I need to use? This will be my first time plumbing an Aquarium.
#reefsquad

OP
OP
Cowfish928

Cowfish928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Duke4Life from what I have seen, you are very knowledgeable. What you think is "a bit of knowledge" in my eyes, you have an insane amount of knowledge. You have experience that a lot of people don't have, like projects, and putting things together, and making things work. That's what I want, I want to be like you. So yes, I can ask others on some things, but this project I have been doing, you have been here the whole time, and I feel like a team. Don't get me wrong, everyone else has been a giant help to, like leading me in certain directions, and teaching me things, I just feel like we are together on this project.

And @Humblefish thank you for the link, I learned a lot. Do you have any drilled Aquariums? Or any tips on what I should do?

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Duke4Life from what I have seen, you are very knowledgeable. What you think is "a bit of knowledge" in my eyes, you have an insane amount of knowledge. You have experience that a lot of people don't have, like projects, and putting things together, and making things work. That's what I want, I want to be like you. So yes, I can ask others on some things, but this project I have been doing, you have been here the whole time, and I feel like a team. Don't get me wrong, everyone else has been a giant help to, like leading me in certain directions, and teaching me things, I just feel like we are together on this project.
Very flattered by this!

Find things you're passionate in because these are things you'll have a love like no other for and be good at. And don't be afraid to mess up and when you do learn from it.

I'll be here anytime you need me :)

Back