Asternia?

ctrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This liverock I've had for a few weeeks from the LFS has came with all sorts of fun stuff. Also have another star like this riding around on the shell on a blue leg hermit so hopefully that won't effect him. I'm guessing asternia but wanted a second opinion if I should remove them asap so my coraline can start propagating more.

download_20170224_093824.jpg

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those asteria are a pita. They eat high end zoas and multiply like crazy .get them out asap,they eat up the coraline algae.I have been fighting them things for a couple yrs cause I was misinformed about them...

OP
OP
C

ctrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, i'll try to get him out later. I'd love a harlequin but after reading about their diet once the astrias are gone I may feel guilty about sacrificing a starfish monthly. Circle of life though I suppose. :)

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, i'll try to get him out later. I'd love a harlequin but after reading about their diet once the astrias are gone I may feel guilty about sacrificing a starfish monthly. Circle of life though I suppose. :)
"Harlequin Shrimp" not a startfish. LOL Sacrifice all of the Asterina's

xREEFINaintEZx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive fed them to my plate corals... The one in your pic seems a little big,but all my small ones are considered food at this point

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I didn't think a plate coral would eat them..I scoop em off the side of my glass everyday .they drive me nutts

OP
OP
C

ctrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah oddly enough he's about the size of a quarter. Gonna keep my eye on in him if he splits and then he's getting donated to the LFS for a harlequin snack.

Back