Attenuatus Flasher Wrasse... 1 Minute of Flashing VID on 1st Page!!!

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, forgot to mention.. I did put a few elbows and another straight pipe in the box so the Hooded can hide if need be... I was also thinking that it would be less time on time out coz of the recent re-aquascape... the old aquascape and new aquascape don't have anything in common... LoLz...

Sara, after taking out the trouble wrasses, did you add any new ones? :wink: if so, did you use acclimation box?

Since you changed up the tank so drastically, I wouldn't stress them out for more than 2-3 days myself.

I removed the 2 trouble fairy wrasses which left 4 still in the tank which was a trio of pylie's and an exquisite. I then dumped in 6 more wrasses and 3 tangs so that any aggression would be equally divided. I lost the male lineatus which needs to be replaced, but it was not from anyone picking on him. When I add the new one, I'll use the acclimation box for sure and cross my fingers! There was some showing of authority by the pylie's but nothing too drastic and now everyone swims out in the water column freely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you changed up the tank so drastically, I wouldn't stress them out for more than 2-3 days myself.

I removed the 2 trouble fairy wrasses which left 4 still in the tank which was a trio of pylie's and an exquisite. I then dumped in 6 more wrasses and 3 tangs so that any aggression would be equally divided. I lost the male lineatus which needs to be replaced, but it was not from anyone picking on him. When I add the new one, I'll use the acclimation box for sure and cross my fingers! There was some showing of authority by the pylie's but nothing too drastic and now everyone swims out in the water column freely.
Thanks Sara... I'll monitor how the Attenuatus is with the new scape and also monitor how the Hooded is taking the time out... I think the release date will be Friday or Sat night after lights out... :)

then, the new batch of wrasses will be 3rd or 4th week of April... yay!!! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a quick update...

released the Hooded 2 nights ago... funny thing is it took him about an hour to figure out that the door was open... he would come close, then he would swim back down... finally, the female HI flame hung out by the door and accidentally went to the acclimation box, but she figured the way out... the HI Flame did this about three times before the Hooded followed her out... LoLz...

the Attenuatus is enjoying his newly designed home and is actually flashing around an hour or two before actinics only kick in... I'm quite happy that both wrasses are doing well now... yay!!! :bigsmile:

now, I only have 7 fishes and will get some more next month... another yay!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Marvin! Hope this solves the issues you had and the attenuatus feels at home now :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Marvin! Hope this solves the issues you had and the attenuatus feels at home now :)
Thanks Sara... yeah, the Attenuatus feel at home now... he's amazing!!! he flashed a bunch of time last night and man, he's just plain gorgeous... I don't see myself letting go of this fish ever... LoLz...

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to hear things worked out..i now that the few peeps i talk to that have that flasher and kept other hard to find flashers like that one the most..it is truely one of those that pics do them no justice have to see it in person..can't wait for the vids and pics...and until you get the others in there

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to hear things worked out..i now that the few peeps i talk to that have that flasher and kept other hard to find flashers like that one the most..it is truely one of those that pics do them no justice have to see it in person..can't wait for the vids and pics...and until you get the others in there
I'll try to shoot some vids... but it'll be so much better when I get the Canon T2i... so I can take HD vids and decent still shots of the fishes... :)

after the Rhomboids, Laboutei, and a nice pair of clowns, I'll be on standby for a PinTail, whenever I see one available, or any other hard to come by F&F wrasses... I'll have a total of 12 fishes in the 110g... I think that's pretty good bio load... :)

Bellae Flasher wouldn't be too bad either... :wink:
Bell’s Flasher Wrasse, Paracheilinus bellae

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses are like crack for me!!! Gary is coming over this week, so there may be some new pics later this week!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses are like crack for me!!! Gary is coming over this week, so there may be some new pics later this week!
YaY!!! awesome Sara... can't wait to see the pics of the you know what... :wink: don't forget 'em alright?!? :bigsmile:

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
watch him Flashing the last few seconds of the vid... AwESOME!!! :bigsmile:

[youtube]P4eD7IOckgo[/youtube]

Last edited:

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean to hijack or anything just thought I would share a picture of mine. Picture does not do justice it is a gorgeous fish.

flasher.jpg

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they have about 20 more. Then I might have a chance.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the last one (3rd). I just happened to get lucky and click on DD right when they updated. :)
sweet... now we need to know if the 2nd one was snagged by someone from R2R... that'll be cool... :bigsmile: how's he doing now?

I hope they have about 20 more. Then I might have a chance.
LoLz... yeah, I wonder how many they got... I hope you get one Brad... he'll be awesome to add in your already awesome collection of wrasses... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw, here's how beautiful he is when flashing... he does this every night... :bigsmile: one day, I'll get an HD cam and we'll all enjoy the vids better... :wink:

[youtube]yPomx4WBUtY[/youtube]

Back