aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank You, Daniel!

It's smoked glass. Much easier to clean than acrylic and since the depth of the tank is 4 feet deep, you can't see it anyway. Extremely pleased with the external overflow. ;)
beautiful work. so are the interior overflows smoked glass? so one can see the water somewhat enter interior overflow and through holes and into the external from the inside of the tank? or does the exterior overflow's rear vinyl and the smoked glass expect to cover this visual? since there isn't black glass why not use black acrylic on the interior overflow to avoid any transparency of the flow?
thanks for sharing and all the photos - this build will be awesome for certain!

Felix not only builds amazing aquariums, but does amazing work on video productions too!
That was entertaining and insightful!

Thanks Eric!
Great video, and the tank looks like its ready to get plumbed so we can see it with the water and stuff. Great build

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, Stylo328!!! That video was over the top just like the Reefsavvy custom external overflow. Felix would have it no other way! Very pleased. :)

I truly enjoyed the video. Overflow looks amazing. I'm jealous...

It was a pleasure meeting you at the swap, Gary! Glad to have you following along on my build thread too!

It was great talking to you today at the swap. I cant wait to see the finished tank. Thanks for the awesome sticks today all had polyp extension within a couple hours. Especially the Orange Crush

Awesomeness!
I NEVER watch a full video. I was intrigued and watched it all! LOL!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, tcarter1936! Glad you enjoyed the video!

Awesome now I'm ready to build awesome glass tanks, well maybe not lol great video thanks

Yes indeed and thank you. Stay tuned, we are just getting started....not really. ;)

Great video of a soon to be amazing setup :)

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And a few new arrivals too! Keep in mind these little gems were all dipped and placed in QT when photographed upon arrival...the amazing colors come later. Trust me! :)

Cherry Corals Sunny Delight Acro ... You may not find much info on this gem since Todd Cherry just named it last weekend ;)

Optimus Prime

MattV Orange Envy

Diabolic Pacman

RMF Unicorn Mane

Rommels Ultimate Tricolor

Smurf Goblin

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've loved every minute of this build. It's probably the best most well thought out build ive seen in a long time. So Felix is done now correct? So whats next on the list? Just curious to see what future update will bring.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really appreciate your comments and so glad to share my build with you and the R2R community. Felix still has a few small projects to finish up for me, and we plan on having him back again after the big tank is up and running with thriving corals, fish etc. Not sure what is next on my list but getting a large, whole house generator installed is near the top. Stayed tuned. :)

I've loved every minute of this build. It's probably the best most well thought out build ive seen in a long time. So Felix is done now correct? So whats next on the list? Just curious to see what future update will bring.

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a few more individual coral pictures from the grow-out system recently. Really like the growth pattern and coloration of the Cherry Corals Passionfruit and Reef Raft Skittles colonies! ....Enjoy!

That skittles piece is awesome! Can I have a piece? Hahaha :p

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.3%
Back