AV99's custom 600g Reef Savvy on site build-Lots of pictures

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
George, I heard really good things about the ROX carbon as well and decided to give it a try.

You won't be disappointed, it absorbs more with less carbon and way less dust. Rinse time is more than half of the standard carbon I used before this.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooooo what's the iwaki for? Are the American motors as dependable as the Japanese ones?

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The new MD-100RLT (2136 GPH) pump will be used as my return pump for the new system. The MD series pumps from Iwaki use Japanese motors only.

Oooooo what's the iwaki for? Are the American motors as dependable as the Japanese ones?

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed 110%, Robby! I have been using Iwaki MD Series pumps for over a decade and they are the only return pumps I will use on a reef tank. They are built for power and built to last a long time in operation. A local fish shop owner told me he ran the same Iwaki pump for 20 years non-stop! I do switch mine out every year for cleaning and keep one of each model as a backup.

Awesome decision, Tim! My Iwaki is the heart of my system, and runs like a tank! 3 years running so far without a single issue! I'm so glad I went with this over the reefflo pump.

My complete Iwaki MD Series (Japanese motor) collection ;)

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, Ed! I sprinkled it with magic dust before placing the JF Homewrecker in QT so it should grow into a small colony in no time. Actually, the frag is about averaged size for that coral so I am very pleased. ;)

So small I hope you have good luck with it. [emoji3][emoji106]

Back