Awesome Goniopora Pack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DoubleSolid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Wish I could buy, unfortunately I don't have a tank that isn't overcrowded with coral, upgrading to a 75 from a 10 gallon soon, big difference!

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about that "nuclear green goni" in the center ... I have had a specimen of this from you for about 10 weeks and it is not doing well. I have several other goni's with it, and those seem to be thriving; it's just this one that is going downhill. I've been spot feeding oyster feast, reef roids, and phyto, and in the beginning it showed a response, but it's polyps are no longer as vigorous.

I have read everything I can find on goniopora, and I know the challenge they can present. As I said, the other varieties seem to be thriving (showing nice growth). I am wondering if I should play with placement - can you comment on light/flow needs relative to, say, what looks like a blued-eyed red goni in the lower right of your photo?

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about that "nuclear green goni" in the center ... I have had a specimen of this from you for about 10 weeks and it is not doing well. I have several other goni's with it, and those seem to be thriving; it's just this one that is going downhill. I've been spot feeding oyster feast, reef roids, and phyto, and in the beginning it showed a response, but it's polyps are no longer as vigorous.

I have read everything I can find on goniopora, and I know the challenge they can present. As I said, the other varieties seem to be thriving (showing nice growth). I am wondering if I should play with placement - can you comment on light/flow needs relative to, say, what looks like a blued-eyed red goni in the lower right of your photo?

I would try moving it to a lower light area... with still just enough flow to lightly move around the tentacles. We kept them here in identical conditions.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try moving it to a lower light area... with still just enough flow to lightly move around the tentacles. We kept them here in identical conditions.
Ok, I'll drop it to a place where there is similar flow now but lower light. Thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back