Awesome unique fish to add to a 65 gallon

badstorm48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I'm looking for a awesome unique fish to add to my 65 gallon reef tank. I'm not looking for any wrasses as I have two already. I just want something that when people look at it go wow that's a cool fish. Any ideas? Just has to be for the most part reef safe. I'm okay with taking chances as long as they are more favorable to being reef safe.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably not the answer you're looking for but.. unless your guest have a saltwater tank or visit others that do (saltwater isn't at all common in my town) my guess is most all things are going to be unique to them. When I first saw saltwater tanks my eyes were fixed on the corals anyways ;p

But if you want a unique fish to other saltwater aquarist then that would be a different story. I haven't look at a lot of fish.. haven't set my 58gallon up yet. =/

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have a 65 gallon and would like some ideas. Currently only have a pair of clowns, yellow watchman and shrimp , midas blenny and 1 blue chromis.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish do you already have? I've always been an advocator for predators in a reef. A fuzzy dwarf lion or snowflake eel would be cool, but it would depend on what's already in the tank.

JulioReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Royal Gramma is very unique. Clownfish can be unique also.

You said no wrasses, but I adore the little tiny sixline at petco. One of my favorite fish

OP
OP
badstorm48

badstorm48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished the upgrade to my 65. I have a little vlamingi tang which is amazing one of my favorite fish only like 2.5 in right now, Christmas wrasse, ocellaris, mystery wrasse and a tribal blenny

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know how much risk you're up for, but flame angels are supposed to be about 80% reef-safe . . . and there's a reason they're represented on so many jigsaw puzzles. That's a fish your guests will spot from across the room.

~Bruce

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite smallish tank fish would be a tailspot blenny, they are a must have for me, and what they lack in size they make up for in personality and they look really cool, and usually not shy, often they will watch you as much as you watch them, and small or not, my friends notice them, even my non reefkeeper friends.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for a Golden Dwarf Moray or Geometric Moray. The GDM will max out at about 12-14" with the Geometric getting a bit larger. They will be safe with most fish, except really small ones, and larger inverts.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back