Awwww, crap! Yellow Watchman

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo, I pulled a stupid move and placed a yellow watchman in my new finnex along with a tube anenome. I placed the tube anenome high up on top of the rocks where it couldn't touch anything, and was thinking the watchamn would be down in the sand. I played with him all last night- he was a COOL fish. So long story short, it's been 24 hours since I saw the watchman, and no evidence he was a jumper.

:(
Laurie

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo, I pulled a stupid move and placed a yellow watchman in my new finnex along with a tube anenome. I placed the tube anenome high up on top of the rocks where it couldn't touch anything, and was thinking the watchamn would be down in the sand. I played with him all last night- he was a COOL fish. So long story short, it's been 24 hours since I saw the watchman, and no evidence he was a jumper.

Laurie

the one I owned a while back jumped into the back of the jbj nano and lived there for 3-4 months.. I thought it was a goner but it ended up living through it all.. that was the first time.. second time I lost him, he did the same thing but his time, my nano was stagnant coz I was going to break it down.. I think it was back there.. no food, no light, no circulation, no heater and it survived it all... it was so pale when I saw it again but regained all coloration after couple of weeks in my old 75g.. I ended up selling the little guy but man he was tough!

good luck and hope you find the little guy...

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The offender:

tubean2.jpg

tubeanenome.jpg

Thanks, Marvin. I am trying to tell if he got eaten or not... I will go look in the overflows!

Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a good pic of this too, he's purple and light light yellow.

purpleandyellowduster.jpg

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of the fish, it is a great misconception that Tuba anemones are fish eaters.......Not to say that it has never happened but in all the studies that have been done on tube aneomnes there has never been evidevidence that tube anemones that eat fish or other inverts. I can say this though that you tube anemone will not survive unless it isn't embedded in the sand. In nature they will never be found in the rockwork as that isn't thier natrual place. They have to be embedded in sand to make there tube unless you do the old PVC w/sand trick. Here is a great article that kinda dispells some of the myths about Tube anemones....
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2004/invert.htm

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my old tank I had a yellow watchman and he would disappear for days. He had an elaborate set of tunnels under my rockwork. Hopefully he's just chilling out in his new tunnels.

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Az! Great article. The PVC trick sounds good- I'll try to pick up a length after work. Lets hope my watchman wasn't the outside chance fish... LOL It would be GREAT if he wound up to be just hiding in new tunnels. He was very entertaining with his frown and pokey little head.

:D
Laurie

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt see my YWG in my old 10g for a week until he wasnt such a spook. Now hes out everyday, all day, with the pistol...

Steve

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw him!!!!!!

Kris was in the addition watching The Punisher on TV, and this guy goes to pull a earring out of this kid's head... I was like, omg! and went into the computer room where the Finnex is. I was sitting on the floor petting Odie when all of the sudden the YWG came out of nowhere and started fighting with himself in the glass reflection for like 3 seconds, and then poof split down his hole. Now that I know where it is, I'm cool! Freaky little guy, no joke!

:D
Laurie

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back