Banggai cardinal carrying! !

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed my cardinal was a little heavy in the mouth! This is the first time they have bred. Going to see what i can to do to raise them. They are in a 210g, so it may be hard to catch him.

20160120_161248-1.jpg

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone post their setup? Or a link to someone elses? I have an idea of what i want but if there's something out there that works id rather use that.

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i saw fully formed fry in his mouth the other day and figured it was going to happen soon. I was able to net him pretty easily. When i went to transfer him to a breeders net, sure enough he dumped everything! So i have 15 babies, no brine ready ( it should be ready by 12 this afternoon( 1 hr from now). They are still pretty plump, so I guess they still have a yolk sac? Is it internal? Wish me luck!

20160217_002732-1.jpg

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why these are on the Endangered Species Act. Looks like these are the easiest to breed. We should be breeding these like weeds. I like my one that I have. I had 2 but they fought every so often though they would pair up but never happened

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats!

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not sure why these are on the Endangered Species Act. Looks like these are the easiest to breed. We should be breeding these like weeds. I like my one that I have. I had 2 but they fought every so often though they would pair up but never happened
I think they got taken off and were on the other side of the island no joke but who knows I might b worng

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesome we need updates on the fry! How was he holding that many fry in his mouth? lol

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: lost 3 over the 2nd night. But the remaning 12 have been eating well so far. Hatching brine and soaking in selcon. I'm going to try for a video this afternoon of them eating. I made them an urchin out of rock putty and black stir straws. They love it.

Chelle's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!! So cool :) Following along to see their progress :)

(...sorry for the loss on the 3 that did not make it :( )

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them since they were teeny tiny. Probably fresh arrivals from a breeder. So about a year. I feed them frozen mysis, bloodworms and omega one flakes. They'll also pick up seaweed scraps from the sloppy eating tangs. They did breed right after i replaced a heater. So i think maybe that could've had something to do with it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back