OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update...batch # 3 was released early into the tank and im sure picked off. I didn't keep track of when that happened. But one had to have made it into my sump! Here's a pic of 5 of 6 i put in my main display recently..the 2 on the right are from the 1st batch, left 2 from the 2nd, and tiny guy in the middle is from the 3rd batch.

20160831_223309.jpg

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a while! Unfortunately my male had an incident with the overflow and didn't make it. In other disturbing news my female has taken advantage of her child. sigh... A father at 7.5 months. What F ranking are they?? still considered F2s?? 1.5s lol

20161031_191006.jpg

20161031_190939.jpg

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sole baby that survived hatching to growing dime size body in the display somehow got in my sump. No idea how he got past the sponge strainer in the overflow, drip tray, bio balls and then into the open half of the sump??? I was thinking he got there maybe siphon via the return hose, but then how to get out of the return pump!

The sump is a 2 section type with wet dry on the left and open on the right but water flows through about a 1inch opening from the bottom of the divider.

Couldn't net it out of there without removing the return pump, skimmer, etc. but he's gone there now. Was ok for a few weeks, but maybe was eating critters in the live rock and didn't do well with what I tried to feed in the sump.

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he aborted and swallowed the eggs. Whew! He wasn't ready to be a teenage father. I wasn't ready for babies either.

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I thought he'd be ok in the sump and also grow with more food directed towards him. But after a couple weeks he was missing there too, so not sure what happened.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's crazy m8 I still have second batch 10 off them me first batch is in there new homes.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cona setting nuvo 10 for cardinals have male in breeding net holding eggs again I think like day 20-24

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back