Battery backup CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD??

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning guys,

Would you guys recommend the CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD as backup for a power outage. The price seems fair and most of the reviews online are good. What do you guys think?

I would only be running a small return pump and maybe a heater during the winter.
597bdcd819995362f8eb60cfe84321a2.jpg

Thanks for the help...

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heater may take up more energy then a small pump would. Depending on the size of your tank. Also why a return pump? I would just put in a circulation pump like a koralia or whatever pump you have in your tank. That would take much less energy and last longer. As far as heater. Try to do the math and see how much energy is being drawn from it and try to figure it out.

Agamerce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the total watts to backup? How long to run backup?

OP
OP
Tonii

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I don't really know. I was just going to run a small return pump that came with the Fluval M90 tank. I was hoping to run backup for just a few hours. I've never had a power outage that lasted for more than a few hours.

Agamerce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta think outside the box. Look for a manufacturing label or online resource with mfg. call or email them for that info. Unless you live in really cold location, think about not using thermometer. Also, a powerhead prob uses 5-10 watts and likely less than return pump. Honestly, this is a really technical question. I can give you an estimated run time or battery strength recommendation when you get more info

OP
OP
Tonii

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will thanks. The reason I want to run the return pump is because my two powerheads are connected to Hydor wave controller. I don't want the tank to be dependent on me connecting one of the powerheads to the backup battery when the power goes out. I figured it would be easier to just power the return pump.

Agamerce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ups have an internal ats that could be used between controller esp. If you only do one head.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back