Battle Corals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have been dealing with Adam over at BattleCorals. I have to say he has been one of the easiest vendors to deal with, and with FedEx really dropping the ball this week. Adam has truly went out of his way to make things right. His attention to the matter has been very welcomed and appreciated. Definitely a life long customer for him here. Customer service is awesome and really chunky frags.

I know a lot of you already know this but for the people that are unsure don't hesitate you won't be let down.

Your attention to detail and customer service are awesome, and thanks again Adam.

Eric

OP
OP
cowboy

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is already planned just waiting on everything to finish up. And praying FedEx can get it together next week

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100%. FedEx screwed up my order last week (?) As well. I'll be ordering from Adam again here soon.

DannyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have been dealing with Adam over at BattleCorals. I have to say he has been one of the easiest vendors to deal with, and with FedEx really dropping the ball this week. Adam has truly went out of his way to make things right. His attention to the matter has been very welcomed and appreciated. Definitely a life long customer for him here. Customer service is awesome and really chunky frags.

I know a lot of you already know this but for the people that are unsure don't hesitate you won't be let down.

Your attention to detail and customer service are awesome, and thanks again Adam.

Eric

I couldn't agree with you more. I had a shipment in that same FedEx foul up. Adam's excellent customer service and beautiful corals will keep me coming back and Battle Corals will be the first place i recommend to anyone who asks for recommendations.

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to assume like everyone else in the reef world currently slamming FedEx, you all who are claiming they screwed up - had scheduled deliveries late last week (March 9th-11th). If the "screwed up" deliveries were not in this time frame you can ignore the rest of this rant. That said, in case you were unaware there was a MASSIVE low pressure system that stalled over the Southeast and Great Plains regions over this time. Residing in Memphis, I can tell you that it was non stop heavy rain and severe thunderstorms for 3+ days. I would like to think that most people in this community would demonstrate enough awareness and logic to not only know about this but be able to connect the dots as to understand what happens when uncontrollable forces exert themselves in extreme ways, but given what I've seen in the past week this is clearly not the case. So I'll just spell it out. Bad $#!% happens! Streets flood, people cant come to work, power outages, and most importantly in this circumstance PLANES CAN'T LAND!!! Mix all of these ingredients and what do you get? Delays!!!

And somehow this is FedEx's fault (even though they put out a service interruption notice between March 10th and March 12th explaining the situation)

I get it, it sucks losing something that has built such excitement, especially when you have hard earned dollars invested. But, maybe instead of pointing fingers to the closest entity, you should step back and analyze the situation. Next time you should know to be aware of whats going on in the world before scheduling a shipment, or shipping out in the case of a vendor. I know I do. I also know from prior dealings that Adam will make all right.

Rant over. :)

USPS is more reliable than FedEx now. Pretty sad IMHO.

Anecdotal. Find me one documented statistic from a reliable source that backs your claim.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said to ignore the rant but just saying, I have had bad experiences with them. Not in that time frame so I can't know but mine was before it and the driver left it at the wrong door and street! How do you not only mistake the house number when the numbers are on the house let alone what street ....I mean really come on...pay attention to your jobs

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said to ignore the rant but just saying, I have had bad experiences with them. Not in that time frame so I can't know but mine was before it and the driver left it at the wrong door and street! How do you not only mistake the house number when the numbers are on the house let alone what street ....I mean really come on...pay attention to your jobs

That happens with all services. Some more than others. For me locally, USPS is by far the worst, but I do understand that this isn't the case everywhere. At a previous address USPS failed to deliver nearly 1/2 of packages in the 2 years I lived there. Again, small sample size, isolated route.

DannyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to assume like everyone else in the reef world currently slamming FedEx, you all who are claiming they screwed up - had scheduled deliveries late last week (March 9th-11th). If the "screwed up" deliveries were not in this time frame you can ignore the rest of this rant. That said, in case you were unaware there was a MASSIVE low pressure system that stalled over the Southeast and Great Plains regions over this time. Residing in Memphis, I can tell you that it was non stop heavy rain and severe thunderstorms for 3+ days. I would like to think that most people in this community would demonstrate enough awareness and logic to not only know about this but be able to connect the dots as to understand what happens when uncontrollable forces exert themselves in extreme ways, but given what I've seen in the past week this is clearly not the case. So I'll just spell it out. Bad $#!% happens! Streets flood, people cant come to work, power outages, and most importantly in this circumstance PLANES CAN'T LAND!!! Mix all of these ingredients and what do you get? Delays!!!

And somehow this is FedEx's fault (even though they put out a service interruption notice between March 10th and March 12th explaining the situation)

I get it, it sucks losing something that has built such excitement, especially when you have hard earned dollars invested. But, maybe instead of pointing fingers to the closest entity, you should step back and analyze the situation. Next time you should know to be aware of whats going on in the world before scheduling a shipment, or shipping out in the case of a vendor. I know I do. I also know from prior dealings that Adam will make all right.

Rant over. :)

Anecdotal. Find me one documented statistic from a reliable source that backs your claim.

I do apologize for hurting your feelings about praising the great service we received from Battle Corals and the disappointing service we received from FedEx. Maybe you should start a thread called FedEx is great and write out your praises to them there and leave this post to its original intent of recommending Battle Corals to future customers.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I look at it this way. If for every 300 boxes I ship, they blow 2-3 of them. Well, thats actually pretty good. Over all I don't have much to complain about with fed ex. I'd say 99% of my boxes get in on time. It helps to know when NOT to ship tremendously, which is something I've gotten much better at over the years as well. This past week was a huge exception, and not weather related at all, but they whiffled pretty bad.

At the end of the day it stings a bit, but as any of my customers already know, they will never be on the line for an order delayed for any reason, and will absolutely not have to pay a penny more to get their replacements. I have, and always will accept the full burden of any shipping woes. Comes with the job.

But hey, Thanks a lot for thread Eric! Getting positive positive feedback on a box of dead sps is a testament man and i really appreciate it. With any luck the new guys will get in Tuesday AM on time and we'll forget it ever happened:) Same goes for the rest of you guys who were on they two day plan this week! lol

Last edited:

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do apologize for hurting your feelings about praising the great service we received from Battle Corals and the disappointing service we received from FedEx. Maybe you should start a thread called FedEx is great and write out your praises to them there and leave this post to its original intent of recommending Battle Corals to future customers.

"hurting your feelings" lolwut

cheers DB

OP
OP
cowboy

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After everything that went on with FedEx even receiving a box of dead coral due to shipping errors. Your attention to this deserved a positive feedback. All to often people focus on negative experience and give every detail. The positive that happens is over looked, never really addressed or even mentioned publicly. So this really was meant just to say thanks and your doing a great job.
Thanks again I have to say you really have the customer service down pact, and I will definitely make Battle Corals a go to for future purchase of my corals.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just order from fedex and I had to tracked the package which was on the truck for delivery on time. As 10:30 came I quickly went on they site and put a claim in. 1 hour someone from Fedex in main office called me and called the truck driver to delivery the package. Usually they on time but once they pass the dead line you must do something. I saved my coral. The thing I don't understand it clearly stated on box delivery by 10:30 and the driver had it on the truck. If it wasn't on the truck I could understand it.

OP
OP
cowboy

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful frags thanks again Adam keep up the great work.
20160325_171205.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back