OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original is much less disco-esque unfortunately. Still a beautiful coral though.
IMG_5842.jpg

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d1.5.jpg nuke.jpg Thought I'd give this a shot too... can you guess which one is enhanced? :)
Excellent work my friend, you did a great job of blingin up those acans!! TBH, they look awesome without the "touch ups"

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of my examples......
This one was right out of the camera no editing at all
fishtank028-1.jpg

now for a little "responsible" photoshop so it looks exactly like it does in my tank
Photoshop1.jpg

finally what too many vendors try to do
photoshop2.jpg

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha I love this thread!!! This thread is precisely why my coral buying days over the internet are mostly over. I will only buy coral from trusted members that I know of and will limit myself on buying coral from most online vendors.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad akabryanhall posted this... while I knew photo shop(and leds for that matter) was overused at times, it really does show how hard it can be to tell the difference. That last favia/goniastrea pic looks legit to me....sucker:)

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad akabryanhall posted this... while I knew photo shop(and leds for that matter) was overused at times, it really does show how hard it can be to tell the difference. That last favia/goniastrea pic looks legit to me....sucker:)

HAHA I'm good like that! :wink: But when I sell/trade with someone I send examples like the first two or one taken with my phone. LOL

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of my examples......
This one was right out of the camera no editing at all
fishtank028-1.jpg

now for a little "responsible" photoshop so it looks exactly like it does in my tank
Photoshop1.jpg

finally what too many vendors try to do
photoshop2.jpg

That is a sick piece for sure, I even love the first pick!! That last one is just too much!!

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I love this thread!!! This thread is precisely why my coral buying days over the internet are mostly over. I will only buy coral from trusted members that I know of and will limit myself on buying coral from most online vendors.
I think most vendors will post true to life pics of the coral they have for sale, there are a few exceptions of course. The last thing I want to do is have this be a vendor bashing thread, just warning people what to watch out for. i suppose also as a reminder to all of us to try to post realistic depictions of what our coral looks like!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its not just a few of the vendors you have to watch, I've seen some obviously shopped pictures posted by individual sellers as well. I think asking for multiple pictures as well as daylights vs. blues is always a good idea, unless you know the seller of course.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not just a few of the vendors you have to watch, I've seen some obviously shopped pictures posted by individual sellers as well. I think asking for multiple pictures as well as daylights vs. blues is always a good idea, unless you know the seller of course.

thats why you want to see it on white egg crate.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's hilarious when a seller actually gets called on it with comments like "forget the coral, where do I get some of that Ultra sand" :)

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and that is why you always see tight macro shots and very little full tank shots , alot of online vendors do it and like they say if it looks to good to be true it probably is ..can you do some acans that seems to be a favorite macro shot done in radioactive colors till they go in my tank lol

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats why you want to see it on white egg crate.

even that isn't a sure thing. A skilled photoshopper can cut out the coral, shop it and paste it back in on shining white eggcrate.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen regular sellers do this as well, its just about arming yourself with the right info!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back