Become one of the first owners of the KH Guardian

Chris@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Become one of the first owners of the KH Guardian; a trendsetting all-in-one device that automatically monitors & consistently manages carbonate hardness(KH) values of a reef tank throughout the day. Quantities are limited. http://blog.coralvue.com/kh-guardian-closed-release-signup…/ #coralvue #khguardian

KH Monitor.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is pretty exciting news for many! It's finally here....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much will the testing regent be?

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be nice but a little out of my price range right now! Curious to see how the first real life testers like it.

llutin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think now will be expensive, but I hope after one year the prices are possible to acquire.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at "Closed release Introductory Price of $1069.99 (Estimated MSRP $1269.99)" it is out of my price range, but I am certainly looking forward to seeing the results that reefers who are more financially blessed than I am will get using this product.

sinekal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also curious about the regeant cost, availability at release, how much is used per test, and how much is provided with the unit. I'm still in the interested camp.

Crackem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested but need more info concerning how it can be used in conjunction with my apex. Also can it be monitored over the internet?

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested but need more info concerning how it can be used in conjunction with my apex. Also can it be monitored over the internet?

You may want to read this thread. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/would-you-invest-a-grand-for-a-kh-guardian.276668/ There is a lot of discussion about the unit. Don't expect it to integrate with the Apex because they are bringing out their own down the road. Not sure about the internet, but I think you need a connection to a home server.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice, Chris.
I might pull the trigger on this.

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great product but I dont honestly see how a person whom is successful with sps would drop $1000+ on this when their current methods are clearly working. That $1000+ could go towards more corals:)

Maybe Coralvue should send out 10 units for beta testing at a more reasonable pricing. If I were you, I would send one to Than of Tidalgardens because of his Youtube base and informative, quality videos.

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why everyone feels the need to say how excessive they think the price for this is. This is capitalism.

This is not a necessary item for reef keeping. It's a luxury item and luxury items usually come with a higher price tag. I would love to have a Lamborghini but can't afford the $500k price tag. There is no way a lambo costs anywhere near that to actually produce but that doesn't matter. They can choose to price their product however they see fit. Could they sell more if it was a $75k car? Absolutely bit their business model doesn't function that way and their company is not about leading in volume sales.

This company is bringing a product to market that doesn't exist. Therefore with no competition they can basically price it at whatever they want. They don't have a duty to make sure they price it at a rate where 100% of hobbyist can afford it. If they want too that's great but they need to price it where they will make the profit they want to make and sell as many as they hope to sell. Until something else comes along and is actually being sold this is the market. Once there is competition the pricing will go down. As technology continues to improve the cost will go down. Now if this company was trying to sell a box of salt for $1500 then yeah that's ridiculous and the market will kill that company. This is the price you pay to be an early adopter.

All this being said, I do view the price tag as being expensive, but it's absolutely something I'll save up to get once I see some concrete reviews of it. What isn't expensive in this hobby? I blow people's minds when I tell them I have a $13,000 fish tank set up and that I basically paid $1200 for rocks to put in it. $1200 for rocks. Nobody complains about that but I paid all that money for something I can find for free somewhere if I only knew where to look. I don't so I have to pay the people that do know where to find it though.

I don't know how to make a continuous Alk testing system either so if I want one I have to nut up and pay for it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back