Bio spira vs cycling.

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change of plans! I went to a frag swap today and came home with a few frags for my pico tank as well as a pair of buckshot clowns. Luckily my nitrite is reading 0 today in my 29g so... I'm the clowns went! I will be monitoring ammonia and nitrite frequently to make sure the water remains safe for my new additions!
IMG_2445.JPG

Biospira works.

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tmpPhoto.jpeg
ok all, im cycling the 45 g pentagon. Live rock . Live sand. Ghost fed , etc
Question on bio spira... directions say just dump it in? Has Anybody used this product that can comment? Im still gonna let cycle for a while... and just ordered water test kit... comments on bio spira appreciated? Thank u
Hi there, I actually a Questions. I just put that chemical in 2 days without turning off skimmer (website said to turn off for whole cycling period). What could happen?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I actually a Questions. I just put that chemical in 2 days without turning off skimmer (website said to turn off for whole cycling period). What could happen?
I can pull some of the bacteria out of the water. Not a super big deal.
It’s bacteria, not really a chemical.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW. Starting the tank with macro algae will prevent ammonia spikes as the macro algae consumes the ammonia directly.

This stuff probably does exactly what is says assuming the bacteria is still alive.

I just can't justify in my own head paying for bacteria the will come to the tank with no charge.

Besides the live macro algae will also introduce bacteria anyway.

But that's just me and my .02

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it and other similar products in the past. Helps boost the bacteria but not needed. I always tend to use Bio Spira or MB7.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used it, and keep a bottle on hand to add to the qt tank if it's been fishless for a while between batches of fish.

charles5261

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170208_182816.jpeg
additional question, 2 live rox in back, the one up front ,(darker) is from my currently running tank, is it normal to be so much darker? Or, thoughts? Thnx
Others could tell you more. But i think the good rule of thumb is. 1 pound of rock for 1 gallon of water in your tank. It helps the system to take the bio-load. I used a dead jumbo shrimp to cycle my tank i think it works good. And on the test kit i bought the api saltwater test kit and most people in the reef2reef from what i can see. Dont like the test kit. Most say buy a different one cause my test kit the say can give bad readings on ammonia.

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW. Starting the tank with macro algae will prevent ammonia spikes as the macro algae consumes the ammonia directly.

This stuff probably does exactly what is says assuming the bacteria is still alive.

I just can't justify in my own head paying for bacteria the will come to the tank with no charge.

Besides the live macro algae will also introduce bacteria anyway.

But that's just me and my .02
It cost like $10 bucks

beamer281

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for piggy back but I used live rock and Live sand. I added bio Spira as well, should I add Raw Shrimp instead of live fish???

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back