Black Cap Basslet!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my black cap basslets have been spawning for a while now (in fact the male has eggs he's guarding under a rock right now) and apparently one of the babies survived in the refugium! The refugium is roughly 150 gallons and has almost 200 lbs of rubble as well as tons of copepods, live mysid, and macro algae. I'm so excited!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! Thanks for sharing with us!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that's amazing!!

LostInTheDark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 pairs of fish that constantly breed. I always wondered if it would be possible for the offspring to survive in the fuge. I guess you answered that question. [emoji228]

OP
OP
Fishfreak2009

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I've decided I'm going to take the plunge into attempting fish breeding. I'm going to start trying to culture my own phytoplankton and copepods, and I've picked up another breeding pair to attempt. I've already raised banggai Cardinals before, so I'm going all in this time. I just picked up a pair of neon dottybacks. They seem to be getting along well together so far. The plan is to try breeding as many things as possible. Current pairs now include:
Black cap basslets (already spawning),
Pajama Cardinals (already spawning), banggai Cardinals (already spawning), neon dottybacks, tomato clowns, misbar black snowflake ocellaris clowns, and Wyoming white clowns. I'm also tempted to try breeding the yellow sharknose gobies.

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this post is a few months old, but I would love to have a pair of black cap basslets in a 120. What might be the best way to achieve a peaceful duo in a 120? Do you have to buy an already mated pair?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back