Blenny SHOWOFF!!!!!!!!!!

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I will start first, eventhough I only have one, but more interested in other hobbyists collection.

527b6218.jpg

BeakerBob

Moderator / Lab Rat
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the blennies....they have a lot of character and are fun to watch! Here are some of mine, past & present:

My lawnmower in the "grass":
931Lawnmower_in_Grass-RC.jpg

LawnMowerBlenny-RC.jpg

My starry-eyed:
MR-DSC_0745b.jpg

My eyelash:
EyelashBlenny.jpg

EyelashBlenny2.jpg

My Black Blenny:
BlackBlenny.jpg

OP
OP
Reloadeddevil

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, gorgeous pics BeakerBob. Loving the closeup shots like that, the one on the monti cap is perfect. Here is a pic of my tail spot on my monti cap colony, but its not a great pic.

Is he pretty peaceful, or aggresive. By the look of it he seems really easy going. By the way very nice pic.

BeakerBob

Moderator / Lab Rat
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blennies have been very peaceful and laid back with the exception of a bi-color. He turned aggressive and attacked my other blennies, so I had to take him out of the tank.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BeakerBob, have you had any problems with keeping multiple blennies in the same tank...besides that bi-color of course? I've been contemplating another blenny in my tank, as they have so much personality.

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love midas...considering one for the tank that I am currently stocking.

The only problem is that it is always hard for me to go back, and buy another fish that I have already had. You always like to try new things.

Anyone else find anything on the same level as midas? I love their size, and their color...I kinda feel they are unequaled in the hobby.

BeakerBob

Moderator / Lab Rat
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BeakerBob, have you had any problems with keeping multiple blennies in the same tank...besides that bi-color of course? I've been contemplating another blenny in my tank, as they have so much personality.
Depends on the size of the tank and the type of blennies you are trying to keep together. I have had good luck with 3 blennies in my 75 gallon tank.

Here are some pics of my old tailspot blenny....very colorful and funny to watch!

DSC_3846b.jpg

DSC_3851b.jpg

DSC_3858b.jpg

DSC_3841b.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, yours has a lot more coloration than mine. I've recently banished a yellow eye kole tang from my tank, who was bullying my tail spot blenny. That was the last straw for him, bullying one of the most peaceful fish ever, haha. He's out a lot more now, so I'm hoping he'll color up a little more.

Jeff.:P:.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some very Nice Blennies guys. I have Starey Blenny in a 40g breeder, you think I could put a Tail spot in there peacefully?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tail spot is probably the most peaceful fish I've ever seen in a tank. Keeps to himself, and not really scared to venture out in the tank. I think a 40B would be ok for two of them. They probably will seldom see each other anyway.

Jeff.:P:.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yea I'm sure the Tail spot is peaceful just concerned about the Starry being aggressive due to same shape.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yea I'm sure the Tail spot is peaceful just concerned about the Starry being aggressive due to same shape.

Never had experience with a Starry, but have been thinking that it would be the second one in my tank. If you decide to put one in, let me know how he does :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back