Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for Blennies!

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added this tiny gold sailfin blenny today. Shipping was delayed a day but he seems alert and active. He will be living in a small critter container in the tank until I know he eats and will be safe.

IMG_1520.JPG

burk986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a blenny question, glad I found this revived thread. I have a bi color blenny which has from the day I introduced him into the tank has used my hydor power head as his home. Because of that I haven't been able to use the power head and algae in dead flow spots of the tank is building. I'm worried if I turn it on he will be dumb enough to swim into it and die. There is enough rock work for him. I actually thought of buying another power head to use but figured he might swim into that one as well. Inside the tank I have a occelaris clown, six line wrasse and a royale gramma. Any ideas?

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might be cheaper to make a little home out of section of 6" black PVC pipe and attach it near the flow from the powerhead, the cover the powerhead with mesh or something to keep him out of it, perhaps. They love tubes to hide in, bottles, pipe, natural holes in coral, just about anything...powerheads :). Good luck!

burk986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a barnacle from my lfs. He moved right into it the next day and hasn't gone back since!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back