Blenny wont come out of its rock! Help

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Hooe all is well with everyone! I have a problem! My midas blenny i have had for a year now always goes into this rock and backs in and sits there just scoping everythingout and even sleeps in there! Well for the past four days i have noticed he hasnt come out at all!!!! Ive been very concerned and cant get him out or to come out! Last night i was feeding my other fish and corals and i noticed he was poking his head out! He looked fine and to be ok so i slowly shot a few pieces of food down to him and he ate all of it!! Than backed down iin his hole again abd havent seen him today! Has anybody ever experienced this? My blenny has a huge personality and he always swims around and comes out sooo many times a day but now nothing!!! Hes not stuck bc ive seen him poke his head out and go back in! Soomeone tell me theres something that can be done!

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the rock, right inthe midle there where he backs down all the way inside of it!!
IMG_20180708_170317.jpg

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was pretty concerned until he are ate night and than about 10 min ago he wouldn't.come all the way out but will like his head out enough when he sees me feeding for me to throw him a piece and he ate again....just can't, for the life of me, figure out why he is staying.in there when he has always been out swimming around and goofing off lol

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there someone in the tank he might be having a beef with, even if you haven't added anyone a relationship may have changed.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I only have two clowns a yellow tang and a yellow watchman goby/pistol pair and they all swim closely all The time! Now sometimes the tang can be a punk when.he gets frightened or anything but they have always kept their space.....just weird, never have seen the blenny act like this

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to my Chromie and Clown. They've been having beef all week and today the clown fought back and now everyone is back to normal. The clown wouldnt leave its corner of the tank with its pair. Or just that one would stay in the corner.

But today he(or she) musta got a pep talk and BAM chased the chromie during feeding for a brief moment

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thats funny.....Yeah my tang would peg the blenny down on his perch spot like 4 months ago when I first got the tang during feeding, but he only did that once and all my fish have been getting along and even swimming side by side for months now than boom the blenny doesn't come out for days

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thats funny.....Yeah my tang would peg the blenny down on his perch spot like 4 months ago when I first got the tang during feeding, but he only did that once and all my fish have been getting along and even swimming side by side for months now than boom the blenny doesn't come out for days
Id just spot him daily. Until he builds of the courage to come out. Observe him to make sure nothing else is wrong

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something gave him a good scare or someone kicked his butt. He will come out when he is ready.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%

Back