OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that acclimation box i posted pic of sufficient to keep her in even though she wont be able to burrow in sand???..also should i set acclimation box down lower in tank as i usually just hook it to my middle brace somehow to keep suspended in water column??..@eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either the chamber you made or the critter keeper will work. Not having sand to bury in will help her see what's going on with your tank and get used to it faster.

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as chamber i made vs small critter cage i made that chamber so i had something bigger and fish could get closer without actually getting to each other but i worry because it allows full flow of my tank to reach her and worry about her injuring herself on it or getting stressed out cause has nowhere to sleep...do you think this is an issue or she will be ok? Also should i suspend it jn water column towards top of tank or set it closer to the bottom may be less flow and light towards bottom??@eatbreakfast@4fordfamily

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as chamber i made vs small critter cage i made that chamber so i had something bigger and fish could get closer without actually getting to each other but i worry because it allows full flow of my tank to reach her and worry about her injuring herself on it or getting stressed out cause has nowhere to sleep...do you think this is an issue or she will be ok? Also should i suspend it jn water column towards top of tank or set it closer to the bottom may be less flow and light towards bottom??@eatbreakfast@4fordfamily
I would use the critter cage with a piecof pvx and set it on the sand.

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @evolved @eatbreakfast this was one my concerns...i just left lfs n got some prazi pro i think im about ready pull the trigger...was hoping one the lfs would get one in so could see before buy but guess thats good thing about LA n there warranty

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive checked petsolutions few times and no luck with them having blue star in stock otherwise id get two and not have pay shipping from them
They don't call them blue star there - I forget what they call it but look at the scientific name

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 20 min on acclimation????@4fordfamily
Sorry I am just getting this. I would not acclimate more than 20 minutes that's my personal belief - but I would make sure the fish has been exposed to enough of the new water at this point to make the transition

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get them out asap since they ship horrible. 50 50 even arriving alive ime. I like live aquaria for them due to the 14 day guarantee. Usually you know if it will make it by that time. And they often extend guarantee if you have an issue.
100% agree please get them out of the bag asap. Acclimation boxes IMO have their use but with leopards that really need the security of hiding in the sand I worry the added stress will kill the leopards. I will say though that the expertise of evolved and eat breakfast in this realm surpass mine and I would always bet on what they say over what I say.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of petsolution @4FordFamily I'll have to check that out.
Same warranty, source (quality marine), etc as live aquaria only less expensive and with some types of fish a better selection. They also have free shipping on fish orders over $99, or they did when I last ordered from them a few months ago. Highly recommend

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to put in acclimation box aka critter cage or to not to??...should i get a slightly bigger one and try get some sand for it or scoop some from my tank???...@4fordfamily @eatbreakfast @evolved

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to put in acclimation box aka critter cage or to not to??...should i get a slightly bigger one and try get some sand for it or scoop some from my tank???...@4fordfamily @eatbreakfast @evolved
I personally go sand free for three days to make sure they eat and get used to my lighting schedule.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I defer to them they're the experts. I have some limited success but I'm not an expert. If the new fish gets bullied you'll be glad it's in an acclimation box

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooohhh maan..i royally screwed myself didnt realize that blue star are also called vermiculate wrasse and thats what they are under at petsolutions.com which @4FordFamily recommended...and with there shipping i couldve got me a pair for like $15 more...man im pretty upset now. ..hope one i get is a beauty and makes it

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooohhh maan..i royally screwed myself didnt realize that blue star are also called vermiculate wrasse and thats what they are under at petsolutions.com which @4FordFamily recommended...and with there shipping i couldve got me a pair for like $15 more...man im pretty upset now. ..hope one i get is a beauty and makes it

No big deal, you live and learn and LA is a great company.

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man a pair wouldve looked sweet though...i do want a male just the boss said she liked the female better so figure start with her so how goes then order male when i can try get a potters wrasse too

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally go sand free for three days to make sure they eat and get used to my lighting schedule.

I agree; I would certainly use one and I also feel sand-free is the way to go. However, I do use the Elite Aquatics box, which has a white bottom. A clear bottom can be a stressor, if the fish keeps trying to dive through the invisible floor.

If you've got the ability to put the critter keep on or near the sand bed deeper in the tank, you'd achieve the same thing.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back