Blue star leopard ...where from?

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Valid concerns, but if she buries for a week or longer, she will be without food, and behind the eightball, so to speak, whereas in the acclimation box she will settle down soon enough, get food, and get used to the light schedule.

I definitely understand that and do agree with you. I have not had success with keeping leopards in an acclimation box unless they were QT'ed at my house prior to introduction into my DT. I let them go free and hope for the best. Some times it works, other times it has not. This is my only issue with getting leopards and tamarian wrasses online, hard to tell what/if they were eating prior to being shipped. Either way I hope the best for her good luck and keep us posted! Sounds like you are prepared and doing all you can. Only time will tell with these guys....

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks@eatbreakfast. ..update she has eaten one black worm and @4 live brine ...also i tried pe mysis and she did eat one piece was a lil big for her lil mouth but she tore it up

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i willl still wait a day or so and make sure she eating good to start a prazi treatment. ..should i keep her in the cage for the treatment for observations @eatbreakfast @evolved

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thnk you @eatbreakfast. .So i will wait the 3 days then to feed her as much as possible over that time before she has acccess to a sb lol and this way she will cont getting used to lighting as well so far she has basically been on sched laying under/by pvc at night n browsing around box during day ...i have noticed she gets lil worked up when otherfish come near the box but guess least this way they can get used to each other beforehand

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update she has cont laying down by pipe during night hrs n browsing around box shortly after lights on...she ate live and frozen yesterday and an hour or so ago she ate frozen as soon as i put in cage pe mysis /lrs reef frenzy mix and frozen arctipods ...however the mysis seem to be tough for her to eat being the size of them to her mouth. ..any suggestions on feeding? Also should just cont to keep her in cage another day or two for further light acclimation or go ahead and let her out and start prazi treatment? @4FordFamily @eatbreakfast @evolved. ..all advice guys is more than appreciated. ..i really want be successful and not take another life

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari mysis is a smaller shrimp, San Francisco Bay reef plankton is small too.

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guess i will have try go pet store some time in near future. ..any thoughts should i go ahead and wait another day or so too release her into dt or should i maybe just add some sand to the cage for few more days ..not really sure whats best to do here ...sry be so uneducated but all other wrasses ive had red velevt nakok fairy and plenty other fish have nevr been this complicated to get adjusted n feeding in tank ...@ eatbreakfast

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She looks good. I start prazi on these guys only after a few weeks of healthy eating and increase dosage slowly

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know dose should use in dt for prazi? @4FordFamily. ..should i release her into dt or wait a few more days for light acclimation or put sand in cage see how does for another gew days???not sure here guys

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know dose should use in dt for prazi? @4FordFamily. ..should i release her into dt or wait a few more days for light acclimation or put sand in cage see how does for another gew days???not sure here guys

I follow the bottle but do it slower than it says. It's your call I've used in DT no problem

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also thanks @4FordFamily. ..she has been eating good so far already accepting frozen ..just having attack pe mysis couple times to get down to size

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On bottle though it says use as a bath doesnt have instructions for dosing dt
My bottle has both. Keep reading it is quite a bit after that paragraph if I recall - unless they changed bottles

OP
OP
dewboy1127

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bottle has both. Keep reading it is quite a bit after that paragraph if I recall - unless they changed bottles
It says as bath in bold print then gives direction for 5-7 treatment so guess taking week long bath /treatment

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back