Boyd chemi pure elite???

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just wondering if you have used this if so what was your experiences does it really last as long as they say it does what's your review on this stuff
Thank you

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is one of those products that I like, and have no rational justification for it. I know it's basically some carbon with what looks like a DI resin of some sort mixed in, but I swear I just like the way a tank looks after having some dropped in. I have no idea how long it lasts, definitley not as long as they claim (Boyd makes rediculous claims on all their packaging) but I do like the product.

OP
OP
O

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is one of those products that I like, and have no rational justification for it. I know it's basically some carbon with what looks like a DI resin of some sort mixed in, but I swear I just like the way a tank looks after having some dropped in. I have no idea how long it lasts, definitley not as long as they claim (Boyd makes rediculous claims on all their packaging) but I do like the product.

Thanks for your reply

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it is economical to use it on a bigger tank but I use it on my nano and really like it. It works really well. I change the bag every 6 weeks

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you say that if you don't have to replace it as often just asking

On my Nano I just have to get a small unit. It is also a matter of space. Not much room to run a reactor in the small cabinet.
On a 180 gallon I would have to buy several bigger units. Getting GFO and Carbon in bulk and run it in a reactor is just cheaper.
But as I said I think it is a great product and works really well

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey max, when you say it works well, for what purposes and how do you know it's effective? I'd like to find some opinions on it better than mine which are sorta empty, hah.

Tenacious716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand, Chemipure is basically a mix of Carbon and GFO. I think it's overpriced, but if you don't have bulk media at your disposal it's good to use. JMO

Jpurpz831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ustu have a nitrate,phosphate problem chemipure elite did it for me i use the biggest one i think i does 175-200 gallons replace every 2-3 months i like it recomend and its not that pricey i pay $36.00 for the biggest one DRFnsmtih

Last edited:

Mantis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CPE, package says rinse lightly. But I have a lot red, black run off... I know with carbon your suppose rinse unitl black run off is gone...

Should I stop rinsing? And put in my tank ... What do you guys do?

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CPE, package says rinse lightly. But I have a lot red, black run off... I know with carbon your suppose rinse unitl black run off is gone...

I usually just rinse it for a couple minutes and then hold the bag under running water and when the water coming out is clear I put it in the sump

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just rinse it off with a cup of RO water, and whatever is still running off gets put in the tank- I figure it same as carbon dust, it's not toxic to anything, so if it gets in the tank the worst it'll do is cloud the water for a few miunutes, and most likely the mass dispersion might actually help bind up some random particles in the water column. Armchair science I know, but seems to work pretty good.
Thinking I'll try some GFO and see if it gives me similar results as the chemi pure does (as I already run carbon)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back