Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the long process of finding a couple of different BTA
and
I need some help figuring out which two / three that I want to put in my tanks.
So, I thought a Eye Candy / Show Off Thread
Was in order.

So, if you would.
Post pictures of your
Bubble Tip Anemones

Sponsors Welcomed
Here's my rose anemone.

20170109_101331.jpg

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the project coming along?
Was slowed down when I lost one strain, about 12 nems. I thought it was the system, but it turns out that stain just dies in the tub! I got one more from that mother and it lasted 10 days. The rest are good, I just need to get chopping. The problem now is all the stressed SPS corals I'm babysitting, I don't want to kill them by cutting up a bunch of nems.

SpartaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was slowed down when I lost one strain, about 12 nems. I thought it was the system, but it turns out that stain just dies in the tub! I got one more from that mother and it lasted 10 days. The rest are good, I just need to get chopping. The problem now is all the stressed SPS corals I'm babysitting, I don't want to kill them by cutting up a bunch of nems.
Stain?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some amazing nem's in here! I've had mine for about 6 months. In the first 3 weeks it split 4 times while moving and trying to adapt. My anemone managed to kill an Acro, severely hurt 2 acans and both my blasto colonies in the first month while it moved and moved and moved trying to find a home. It finally settled and seems to stay put as long as I give it a silverside about every 7-10 days. I purchased it with two little dwarf clowns Mortimer and Milo, both of which are doing great!
I think my nem would like a little more light based on it's position and resting place but I got what I got for now.
IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_3888.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG

By the way Both Acan's and Blasto's are recovering well and growing as quickly as ever. I just had to protect/shield them for a few weeks and fed them like crazy. All is well now and eveyone's getting along.

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some amazing nem's in here! I've had mine for about 6 months. In the first 3 weeks it split 4 times while moving and trying to adapt. My anemone managed to kill an Acro, severely hurt 2 acans and both my blasto colonies in the first month while it moved and moved and moved trying to find a home. It finally settled and seems to stay put as long as I give it a silverside about every 7-10 days. I purchased it with two little dwarf clowns Mortimer and Milo, both of which are doing great!
I think my nem would like a little more light based on it's position and resting place but I got what I got for now.
IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_3888.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG

By the way Both Acan's and Blasto's are recovering well and growing as quickly as ever. I just had to protect/shield them for a few weeks and fed them like crazy. All is well now and eveyone's getting along.

Dwarf clownfish.....is that actually a thing?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back