Bubbles from the return/siphon break hole

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got my 225 up and running yesterday. After I turned the lights on, I could see that there were bubbles all over the place. The bubbles were coming out of the left side return. I know that it has something to do with the siphon break, because I can hear a sort of squelching noise when the water comes out of the siphon break, and when I hear the noise I see the bubbles. I know that's the issue because if I cover it with my finger the bubbles stop.

So, what is the solution??? I don't want to cover up the hole and lose the security, but I also don't want the bubbles. Can I drill a new hole just under the water line? Why doesn't the right side overflow have the same issue? They are both megaflow kits.

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had same exact problem. I still have them but they diminished by at least 75% after the tank cycled. Nothing helped but waiting.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I MAY have found a solution. I put a nylon zip tie around the elbow. I put it loosely as to restrict the flow but not so tight as to block the hole. The water still dribbles out of the hole so it is not air tight but if prevents the pressure loss and suction. I'll report back in a couple days.

Back