Build thread: ELOS 160XL Diamond line

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Elos 120XL and absolutely love it. I'm in awe of your tank build AND I like your kitchen, especially your farm style sink. lol. Following, for sure.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome build!

OP
OP
TighTT

TighTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had originally spec'd a stainless stand for the fish room to hold the skimmer, Cal reactor, and recirc tank. We set everything up and levanted both the stand (since the floor is pitched due to the center floor drain) and the recirc tank. But once we began to fill the tank we noticed that the tank had to be re-shimmed....not good. This meant that the stainless stand was flexing under the weight. Anyone who knows tank can tell you what happens to an uneven tank (kaboom!). So I bit the bullet and over- engineered (typical for me) and drew up plans for a custom stand made of 2 inch square steel with reinforcement pieces on the top. We welded on adjustable feet (easy leveling). This was then sent out for powder coating (gloss white). The top will be a custom cut and routed piece of while delrin (2 inch think).

Here is the stand back from PC:

41487107581713-vi.jpg

59487107599925-vi.jpg

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. Following along as wells do great build so far. Let's see that "old school" lighting system you will be use for your main display. Are you going to put your frag tank in the sump room also? Here is an idea... if you continued upward with epoxy from the floor, moved out all of that equipment, sealed the drain in the middle of the room and added a couple of acrylic viewing panels, you could of had a 17' x 9' x 8' high custom aquarium. Something to consider, lol...

OP
OP
TighTT

TighTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. Following along as wells do great build so far. Let's see that "old school" lighting system you will be use for your main display. Are you going to put your frag tank in the sump room also? Here is an idea... if you continued upward with epoxy from the floor, moved out all of that equipment, sealed the drain in the middle of the room and added a couple of acrylic viewing panels, you could of had a 17' x 9' x 8' high custom aquarium. Something to consider, lol...

Whats up Carlos? Long time no see....hope all is well.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junping on the bandwagon, awesome build and i love the idea of the recirc tank

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great unboxing of the show tank. Now I see the old school fixture, lol... The Ferrari of metal halide fixtures. I recently picked up the same sfiligoi fixture. :)

OP
OP
TighTT

TighTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great unboxing of the show tank. Now I see the old school fixture, lol... The Ferrari of metal halide fixtures. I recently picked up the same sfiligoi fixture. :)

Exactly....this fixture is the best of the best IMO. I found one and then took it completely apart, powder coated it, and then rewired it. Its now essentially brand new.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome tank!! Can't wait to see more!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back