Burrowing fish

Steelheader09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DSB and really like it. So do the fish. They have dug tunnels under everything. They are constantly digging with their tails, especially the damsels. They also carry small rocks and shells from one place to another. I have a clay pot thats been in there for years and i saw a damsel carrying stuff into it the other day. I've witnessed the clarkiis do it as well. Anybody else seen this behavior?

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink spot goby and my female clown will move rocks all the time, one decorates and the other gets upset and re decorates, now my pistol shrimp is another ball game he just throws sand EVERYWHERE

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too I think my favorite in my 8/9 years of reef keeping keeping is definitely an orange/gold spotted rabbit fish, she would eat out of my hand.... But I only got into saltwater because my aunt (marine biologist, specializing in blue marlin intestinal parasites) had one of her students doing a thesis on puffer fish those little spotted ones and I got to feed them and fell in love with <3

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ann (my aunt) went to school 18 years like a crazy person and made next to nothing the first 10+ years now she has tenure but I laugh at her all the time and tell her she could have made much more as a plumber

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My allens damsels make the bottom of my tank look like a bombing range:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back