butterfly compatibility question

johnthehermit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copper band butterfly that I picked up from a member on another forum that had had it for several months. It's doing well in my QT and taking mysis and white worms from my culture very well and looking nice and plump. I would like a yellow longnose at some time and although I've seen that some people have kept them together I wonder if anyone on here had any experience of this. This is in a 4x2x2 FOWLR.
Thanks
John

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept them together many times, but I also like to introduce them both into the DT at the same time. Just to be on the safe side.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen it done by a local member as well, for what it's worth. I wouldn't consider either particularly aggressive, rather docile infact.

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, so excited to see this post! This is my end goal for my 100 gallon cube upgrade! Nice to hear others have done it.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be ok, but I have had one copperband get aggressive, this was an outlier, but it chased and cornered a potters angel in the top corner of the tank. So there is a remote possibility that it won't accept it, but that is a very remote possibility.

Chanjad385

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a copperband in my main display
He was the latest edition and is currently getting on great with paired maroons, porcupine puffer and yellow tail wrasse

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to get hold of some live black worms today, which isn't easy here in the UK. Copperband now has another type of worm to scoff.
John

Wow, where did you find them over there? I used to live in London and never could source those locally.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back