Calling all ATI T5 users

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this exists or if there is a ATI club (I did do a search first and had no luck). I'm about to change out my ATI t5 bulbs in a couple of month and I would to see different lighting combinations. I have seen the YouTube videos of the different t5 bulbs, although it's very impressive of a close up to corals using different t5 bulbs, it doesn't give me a visual of the whole tank. What I have is a 6 bulb all ATI, from front to back: purple+, blue+, aqua blue special, blue+, coral+, and blue+. I bought this setup only 4 months old, I don't know any light combinations other than what I have. I would like to see what the ATI community has, if you can post a picture of your tank with the bulb combination this would help my next purchase of bulbs. I think at the end (there may not be an end lol) this will help a lot of people who are looking for something different. Thanks

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2016-12-09-23-01-43.png
4 blue+ 1 coral+ 1 purple+ and a reefbrite strip

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is what I have for now.
20161231_161754.jpg
The bulb combo you have is outstanding! Personally i never really tinker with my combo, but i would switch the aquablue special out for a coral plus. Theres something about the coral+ bulb that makes everything look nice and detailed

OP
OP
enzo

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bulb combo you have is outstanding! Personally i never really tinker with my combo, but i would switch the aquablue special out for a coral plus. Theres something about the coral+ bulb that makes everything look nice and detailed
Thanks, I will keep that in mind I didn't know that the coral+ makes colors pop, I like the light combo but it feels like theres something missing and maybe thats it.

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the same exact set up as ifarmer does, with the addition of two reefbrite blue XHO's. I love the color that this combo gives. Agree with everyone else to get rid of the aquablue special and add a coral+, and maybe exchange a blue+ for an actinic if you like having some additional color, or add a reefbrite strip for awesome coral pop. If it were me, I'd just change the AB for a coral+ and add the RB strip.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks, I will keep that in mind I didn't know that the coral+ makes colors pop, I like the light combo but it feels like theres something missing and maybe thats it.
The coral plus (dont quote me) is heavy on the green and red? Anyway those colors bring out the details in the coral, ontop of blue/actinic bulbs makes quick work for eye candy!

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to purchase either a combo of either
2 blue+ , coral + and true actinic or either 3 blue + and a coral + if anyone has this or a similar combo. Also looking to add some sort of led strip.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to purchase either a combo of either
2 blue+ , coral + and true actinic or either 3 blue + and a coral + if anyone has this or a similar combo. Also looking to add some sort of led strip.
I think I would go with 3 blue+ and a coral+ personally. As far as an led strip goes I would reccomend reefbrite. I really like mine.

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you don't mind I'm following also. I need to get bulbs for my 60 inch 8x80. Looking for which bulbs to get and in what configuration?
I'm going with the sbreeflights LED strips. One on each side of ati. The actinics not the 50/50

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back