Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

The new fish on the block

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this brook or flukes?
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll need more info if you can provide it. How long have you had him? Is he in QT or the display? Any other symptoms to go along with it? Heavy breathing, flashing, scratching, lack of appetite, lethargy?

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll need more info if you can provide it. How long have you had him? Is he in QT or the display? Any other symptoms to go along with it? Heavy breathing, flashing, scratching, lack of appetite, lethargy?

I have had it for about a year. Right now all my fish are in quarantine being treated with metroplex. It seem to be acting fine it has been eating normally.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it for about a year. Right now all my fish are in quarantine being treated with metroplex. It seem to be acting fine it has been eating normally.

OK. So they had intestinal worms. I'm about to head to work, so I'll leave the rest to @Humblefish and the other guys. But I know I've seen this several times, for some reason I can't remember what it ended up being. I think it's bacterial. A freshwater dip would confirm/rule out flukes for you. It would be smart to do that if you can so we have that info to add to the rest.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are already treating in QT for brook using Metroplex, I would add Kanaplex to the mix to see if it has any impact. My guess is this is a secondary infection from the brook lesions.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are already treating in QT for brook using Metroplex, I would add Kanaplex to the mix to see if it has any impact. My guess is this is a secondary infection from the brook lesions.
I agree, that's what it looks like to me, particularly if they had brook recently as said.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back