Can I add?

Vince Latkowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon biocube with 5 fish in it. 2 small percula clowns, a dwarf Atlantic angel, a starry blenny, and a large 3 stripe damsel that I transferred from my old tank. I also have 2 pepermint shrimp, 2 emerald crabs (male and female), and a few hermit crabs and snails. I would really like to add another fish but I'm not sure if I can, especially because the damsel is large and aggressive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!

Use This One.jpg

IMO ... I would say you are about at max, I have a BC29 and max fish I have had is 4 with a CUC.

OP
OP
Vince Latkowski

Vince Latkowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree you're probably maxed. You might ditch the damsel and add a fish! :D

That's what I was thinking. I was hesitant to even add the damsel to this tank. It's large and aggressive. But my kids really like the damsel. I added the damsel last and watched closely for the first few days. They are all getting along now. I think I'll just have to leave the tank as is in the fish department. I might try some hardy corals

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking. I was hesitant to even add the damsel to this tank. It's large and aggressive. But my kids really like the damsel. I added the damsel last and watched closely for the first few days. They are all getting along now. I think I'll just have to leave the tank as is in the fish department. I might try some hardy corals
I have zoas, acans, mushrooms, rock nems and a few BTAs in my BC 29 ... all are doing well.;)

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all coral types (zoanthids, acanthastrea, rock flower anemone, bubble tip anemone) ;)
I started with some cheap zoas first just to make sure I could keep them (I have OCD:rolleyes:).
After a few weeks, I started moving on to more expensive Zoas and then the other corals.:D

OP
OP
Vince Latkowski

Vince Latkowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get an anenome for my clowns, but I'm afraid I don't know how to care for it.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones like a good amount of light. what light do you have? other than that, they may like supplemental feedings once in awhile.

OP
OP
Vince Latkowski

Vince Latkowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the standard florescent lights that came with the biocube 29. 1 blue 1 white. Would I need to supplement? I know I have to change the bulbs every 6-9 months

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to push mine to a year and didn't have any issues. your mileage may vary. if I were you, I'd add additional led bars or switch out to a DIY led kit. those PC bulbs aren't that efficient.

I have the standard florescent lights that came with the biocube 29. 1 blue 1 white. Would I need to supplement? I know I have to change the bulbs every 6-9 months

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the BTA generally stay in one spot or move around the tank?
This particular one has only moved once in the time he has been in the tank but when he did move he ended up going right back to his original spot.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back