Can I use it

Randygus01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a collection of quartz rocks that I did have in my fresh water but could not the green tint off them. I was thinking about putting them in my saltwater tank. I know I will get coralline algae but that should be easy to clean. Is there any other problems with doing this.
My rocks are on display on a shelf and my wife wants her shelf back. These are crystal form of rock not just a ordinary rock.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Randygus01

Randygus01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should retract this post but not sure how. Looking at my rocks I remember they are not just rocks they are minerals so while some mybe safe others have lime, coper and gold silver, magnitight. And other minerals in them. I could end up with a huge problem if i did this

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should retract this post but not sure how. Looking at my rocks I remember they are not just rocks they are minerals so while some mybe safe others have lime, copper and gold silver, magnitight. And other minerals in them. I could end up with a huge problem if i did this
Good point. That's not something I would have thought of. @Randy Holmes-Farley could confirm if using them would cause issues, but I think your line of thought is probably correct.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back