Can you help?

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys I bought this DIY Ca reactor of ebay several months ago and I think it is time for me to start looking into setting it up as I am leaning more towards SPS these days. I have no idea how to set it up. the reactor is square and has two chambers 1 big and 1 small the small chamber is completely seperate from the big one. I will post pics to show you what I am talking about. basically what I am asking for is someone to tell me in Idiots terms how do I get it up and runninig I still need the c02 bottle and reg. but what is each fitting for. I was also wondering what I could use the small chamber for as I think the big one will be enough for my 90. maybe to run carbon in or phosphate media,kalkwasser ect.

here are some pics:
side view of reactor
DSC_0031.jpg

top of big chamber
DSC_0032.jpg

top of small chamber
DSC_0033.jpg

back of small chamber
DSC_0034.jpg

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm, No Idea, Contact the guy who sold it to you since he designed it. Most reactors have their own design.

here's a link to how one works:
http://www.melevsreef.com/calcium_reactor.html

How much did you pay for it? I wouldn't of gave the guy more than $45.

Here's a picture of our brand this is the AW250 for up to 250 gallons. Designed by us and built professionally by us. Took us 3.5 years to design and perfect it.(Patent Pending) It recycles CO2 one 20lb tank will last around 2 years. (the white above the media is fine air bubbles)
x258.jpg

kgross

Local Fish Store Owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that hard to setup. First the large chamber is the primary chamber, with the smaller chamber being a secondary chamber for using up excess co2. Take the 2 large fittings on the big chamber and hook up a pump between them (the large fitting on the top and one on the bottom). At the intake to the pump, you will want some type of a T to introduce the CO2, for best Co2 usage. The skimmer could have been setup for one of the top fittings to be co2 though.

Then from one of the top fittings connect a line from your tank to feed water into the reactor, from the other fitting connect a line to the bottom of the second chamber (unless there is already something there that I can't see in the pictures). Then connect a line from the top of the second chamber back to your tank.

I hope that helps
Kim

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back