Can't decide on lights.

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I need some input. I have a 33 long display drilled and set up as a peninsula. I'm going to upgrade lights and it's pretty much down to two either a reefbreeders photon v1 32"-48" or two artic t247. I like all the features of the photon and that it'd be a single fixture. The t247 looks like a nice light also but I'm kinda reading contradicting things about "ramping" on it. Any feedback or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP
bobble28

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I need some input. I have a 33 long display drilled and set up as a peninsula. I'm going to upgrade lights and it's pretty much down to two either a reefbreeders photon v1 32"-48" or two artic t247. I like all the features of the photon and that it'd be a single fixture. The t247 looks like a nice light also but I'm kinda reading contradicting things about "ramping" on it. Any feedback or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Also I'll be buying used most likely if that makes a difference to anyone lol

Jcbueno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched to led's, i have 2 artic t247 over my 60 gal. mix sps, lps, and some soft coral , i have them set to 20% whites 50% blues for now , no issues so far ,

OP
OP
bobble28

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched to led's, i have 2 artic t247 over my 60 gal. mix sps, lps, and some soft coral , i have them set to 20% whites 50% blues for now , no issues so far ,
What I'm see that's contradicting is there's no ramping but then the manual seems to read that you can change intensity every hr, also can whites be shut completely off to only run blues? Thanks Jcbueno

Jcbueno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixture have two build in timers and control blues and whites independently,
you have to set the intensity manually,

theblackpearl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save some money and buy the 32 inch reefbreeder V2. Lights are the most important upgrade you can make. It is and investment that will last 5-8 years with the right led system. You should be able to get it for right at $500. These lights are great for ALL coral so you wont need to upgrade. This light would be perfect for your tank

OP
OP
bobble28

bobble28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixture have two build in timers and control blues and whites independently,
you have to set the intensity manually,
that answers my question, thanks Jcbueno!

Save some money and buy the 32 inch reefbreeder V2. Lights are the most important upgrade you can make. It is and investment that will last 5-8 years with the right led system. You should be able to get it for right at $500. These lights are great for ALL coral so you wont need to upgrade. This light would be perfect for your tank
I was leaning more towards the reefbreeders but wanted to get that last bit cleared up before I made the decision. Thanks theblackpearl

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back