Carpet Anemone Lovin, show off your Carpets!!!

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
This blue carpet has more blue pigment in it than the one I posted before. Different tank.
OMG that is so beautiful! What are the different types of carpet nems? I am brand new and just learning, but I have seen a lot of pics of carpets and love them. I want to get an anemone crab and some clowns, probably lightning maroon or snowflakes.

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have maxi minis but I was looking for something a bit bigger and characteristics closer to a proper carpet anemone

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you added the carpets, they would probably outgrow too fast in the 40g. At least if you wanted it long term.

All depends on what your really trying to achieve 40 gallons is plenty if you only want a carpet. I have 2 right now in a 25 gallon cube and they are doing fine with plenty of room to grow!
Yeah I'd want to keep it long term bummer Thank you

Long term they would be fine as long as you provide basic life support needs/requiremts. All depends on what you are trying to achieve.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on what your really trying to achieve 40 gallons is plenty if you only want a carpet. I have 2 right now in a 25 gallon cube and they are doing fine with plenty of room to grow!

Long term they would be fine as long as you provide basic life support needs/requiremts. All depends on what you are trying to achieve.

My cube is going to be a giant carpet :) and that's what I'm shooting for! On a side note when one/ both finally do out grow the tank I will either sell or relocate to my bigger tank!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a question the green carpet I purchased is not doing well... all perameters are great... my mertensii is doing fantastic! But my green one has significantly shrunk in size and has its mouth completely gapping. It's constantly going back and forth between open and spewing its insides out and sucking them back in... what is going on I can't seem to make sense of this.

elfda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a question the green carpet I purchased is not doing well... all perameters are great... my mertensii is doing fantastic! But my green one has significantly shrunk in size and has its mouth completely gapping. It's constantly going back and forth between open and spewing its insides out and sucking them back in... what is going on I can't seem to make sense of this.
At minimum it sounds like it's very stressed out.

Back