CBB and White Spot

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished TTM yesterday for a CBB and fairy Wrasse. Both are doing great and eating well. They also had 2 rounds of prazi during TTM.

They are currently in my 20gal long QT for next few weeks.

2 days ago I noticed a white spot on the caudal/tail fin of my CBB. It hasn't changed or moved since then. There are not other white spots anywhere on either the Wrasse or CBB.

Can this be anything else besides ich? I was extremely cautious with TTM and have done it around 4 ones now, successful with each round. Obviously I could have screwed something up, but this doesn't seem like Ich to me.

Here are a bunch of pictures. The white spot is on the more dorsal aspect of the caudal/tail fin right at the very end of it.

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

nex64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That first pic is deceiving because there is a grain of sand in the corner of the glass on the other end of the tank but it's like placed right next to the CBBs fin perfectly in the photo .. lol

OP
OP
dochow

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yes the pic is! Didn't notice that at first. So hard to get a pic of a millimeter size spot on a fish.

Thanks all, I'll keep an eye on it

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Lymph. Butterflies almost always end up with it at one point or another.

OP
OP
dochow

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still there today, so hasn't gone anywhere in >36hrs. Same size and shape. If ich, should have fallen off by now for next life cycle right Humble, Melpyr?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still there today, so hasn't gone anywhere in >36hrs. Same size and shape. If ich, should have fallen off by now for next life cycle right Humble, Melpyr?

for the most part, yes. I still believe it's lymph anyway.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
dochow

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a follow up, CBB still has white spot, hasn't really grown or reduced in size. May have something similar around the base of left pectoral fin and has been there around the same length of time. Definitely seems like continued lymphocytosis.

OP
OP
dochow

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is the end of my QT period, my butterfly still has white spot consistent with Lymphocystosis. Can I transfer my CBB and fairy Wrasse over to my DT even though CBB still has Lymphocystosis? From my understanding it should be fine. Just looking for another opinion and confirmation.

Back