CBBr wrasse

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a nice fish that is eating frozen brine. Before buying I want to be sure it is taken care of right. I have a 40 breeder qt running with a half dose of cuprimine already in the water. There is a yellow tang, pair of snow flakes clowns and a cleaner wrasse already residing in the tank. Can I add the butterfly directly to this tank? I could do a fresh water dip first off followed by a drip acclimation to the qt if that works. Otherwise I could do a big water change to the tank and run charcoal to clean out the copper and start prozipro first. Would rather just go straight to the qt as is if possible.
Thanks you, Jim

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine, but I would drip acclimate the CBB so he can slowly get used to the half dose of Cupramine.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out for the yellow tang,it could kill the cbb. If it looks ok and eating I would just add him in

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out for the yellow tang,it could kill the cbb. If it looks ok and eating I would just add him in

Good call; might want to use a divider to separate the YT from the CBB.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are they fine together in a 70 or not? If not I would get rid of the yellow tang.

Hard to say with a YT. Some are fine, others can be a real jerk. It's more of a wait-and-see kinda thing.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had more than a few yellow tangs beat up on CBB's. It seems like half the time, they beat up on them and the other half they are just fine together. Just to be clear, this is many different fish over the course of months and months.

OP
OP
JMM744

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can put the tang and the clowns in acclimation boxes for a day or two and let the CBB get used to the tank. I did that when I introduced the sailfin to the tank. The small clown is a bully. Thanks for the Imput.
Jim

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can put the tang and the clowns in acclimation boxes for a day or two and let the CBB get used to the tank. I did that when I introduced the sailfin to the tank. The small clown is a bully. Thanks for the Imput.
Jim

You could try that. It's a good idea

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back