Chalice Food

Bradley Brunson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have received some new frags this weekend and they are My Miami Chalices. I was wonder what else I can feed them. Right now I am using the Phyto Feast and feeding them every other day. Is this correct? I have them in a IM Nano 10 tank. Thank you, Brad

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have lps pelets reef roids mysis shrimp i feed them tons of variety

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have received some new frags this weekend and they are My Miami Chalices. I was wonder what else I can feed them. Right now I am using the Phyto Feast and feeding them every other day. Is this correct? I have them in a IM Nano 10 tank. Thank you, Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for using our food for your inverts. While Phyto-Feast is a great algal based food for a variety of filter feeding organisms, your chalice will benefit much more from our Oyster-Feast. Oyster-Feast is sized appropriately for chalices and elicits a very strong feeding response. You can continue to dose the Phyto-Feast to your tank to feed the zooplankton and any other corals in the tank that consume microalgae. We also have a granulated feed that our customers use to feed to LPS corals: TDO-Chroma Boost is our granulated feed that comes in a variety of sizes. TDO is being used by a number of clownfish breeders as a weaning diet, and it's being used a maintenance for a variety of freshwater and saltwater fish and invertebrates. The TDO Small is your best bet because it is in a small enough size range that your coral can consume and digest.

I totally agree that variety is the key for any corals!

Cheers,
Chad

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the on line vendors I buy chalices from use combo of oyster eggs, chopped mysiss shrimp. I also use finely chopped LRS reef frenzy (since that's what I feed my fish). When using that oyster feast make sure and mix it with some tank water when feeding so it isn't like a big slimy snot ball . My chalices love it.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast, Roti Feast, and R.O.E with my frozen and the frozen include reef frenzy. Work really well. One can also focus feed with a pipette instead of broadcasting.

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use fauna marin lps pellets crushed up mixed with roids when i target feed mine. And when i broadcast i add some ultra seafan and zoa/ric by fauna marin, rotifers, mysis and zooplankton to the mix.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, thank you for your response. I picked up a bottle of the Oyster Feast. So we will see how it works.

Make sure you adhere to the instructions on the bottle for target feeding and daily dose recommendations. Start off conservatively and make sure to continue to monitor water quality. Oyster-Feast is highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. I always say that you can feed a tank but you have to make sure you have the filtration to export the waste generated by the animals consuming the food. Water changes and protein skimmers do a fantastic job!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back