Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

Zoaddicted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone else that doesn't know, the Hells Fire Anemone gets its name from the incredible pain it can do to human skin.

Here's a quote from another forum.

"So I do my usual thing of petting my anemone, and out of my surprise this fire anemone upon touch it sting a bit like the carpet anemone (S.haddoni), so I was thinking it's nothing too bad. This thing is very evil thou, it leaves traces of its tenacles sticking to your skin, and the really painful and scary part actualy comes in 3-5 seconds after I touch the anemone's tenacles. OH MY GOSH, it stings like I am literally burnt by a lighter, and not just a quick burn but burning under a light for 3-5 seconds. The pain was ultra intense and I had to find water to immediately wash it for a long time to get rid of the immediate pain. After that, it is still painful to even move my fingers, the part that was burn had a bit of red & swelling. It is almost 7 hours since and I can still feel the pain, it's almost like you were burnt by a fire. "

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ Yep! always wear gloves if you have it

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone else that doesn't know, the Hells Fire Anemone gets its name from the incredible pain it can do to human skin.

Here's a quote from another forum.

"So I do my usual thing of petting my anemone, and out of my surprise this fire anemone upon touch it sting a bit like the carpet anemone (S.haddoni), so I was thinking it's nothing too bad. This thing is very evil thou, it leaves traces of its tenacles sticking to your skin, and the really painful and scary part actualy comes in 3-5 seconds after I touch the anemone's tenacles. OH MY GOSH, it stings like I am literally burnt by a lighter, and not just a quick burn but burning under a light for 3-5 seconds. The pain was ultra intense and I had to find water to immediately wash it for a long time to get rid of the immediate pain. After that, it is still painful to even move my fingers, the part that was burn had a bit of red & swelling. It is almost 7 hours since and I can still feel the pain, it's almost like you were burnt by a fire. "
I knew someone would say that :)
I know exactly what this can do but it has such cool color in person!

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the strange and unusual.
I got this as a hitch hiker a few years ago and kept it due to its colors.
don't worry guys I don't "pet" it :)

Thanks Shep!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very very cool anemones.

For a omeone as stupid as myself, (that has a black spine urchin and somehow manages to get stung at least once a mont, even in a 180) I will stay far away from this nem haha

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks shep!
he is clear out of the way of anything.
he has been through a lot but is a survivor!

RobReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's 30 year old damage from one I got back in 1987, the scars DO NOT go away!
qY1t5eb.jpg

here's the little gem that got me, mine was about 15cm tall.
BaliFireAnemoneWRA_Ap8R.jpg

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Antidote for nem stings: ammonia! It kills the stinging cells so they don't continue to pump toxin into the wound. But ya gotta apply it immediately, then wash the area with fresh water and soap. Still, once u r stung, well, u r stung! And the ammonia in the wounds is no picnic either. I too have scars to prove it, from 1978.

clownfitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scar looks like it would have been very painful. I almost bought a red hells fire a while back from an online vendor until I read up on it. If it's in their I would get stung by it!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back