Check Your Hanna Reagent NOW!!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a response from hanna. They are shipping out 4 replacement bottles for me, awesome!

Sucks though because Hanna said alk was 7.56. Salifert came back 11.5, so just a tad bit of a difference.

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew I thought I was going insane! Lot 5462 must be as well im getting crazy readings!

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recently I had noticed my sps losing a bit of color. According to Hanna it was 135= 7.5 dkh. After I tested with salifert and Red Sea the real numbers are 6.4 !!! I can't believe this. And here I have been decreasing my calc reactor like crazy.
Hanna says 2-4 weeks. Unacceptable

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I had noticed my sps losing a bit of color. According to Hanna it was 135= 7.5 dkh. After I tested with salifert and Red Sea the real numbers are 6.4 !!! I can't believe this. And here I have been decreasing my calc reactor like crazy.
Hanna says 2-4 weeks. Unacceptable

That's weird. My dKh is running 0.9 lower than Salifert with the bad reagent. Wonder why it's higher than actual in some but lower than actual in others?

I got two refills yesterday from BRS yesterday that were on the bad list. BRS is refunding my payment but they won't have any replacement for two weeks. I think I'll email Hanna and see if I can get new reagent from them.

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. My dKh is running 0.9 lower than Salifert with the bad reagent. Wonder why it's higher than actual in some but lower than actual in others?

I got two refills yesterday from BRS yesterday that were on the bad list. BRS is refunding my payment but they won't have any replacement for two weeks. I think I'll email Hanna and see if I can get new reagent from them.

I also got about ~1 dKH lowered with Hanna's bad reagent compared to Salifert.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked against nyos this morning (do not recommend this kit at all) and the results were about the same.

agfish12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna go buy a Salifert test today and compare. Did anyone else have floating white strands in their reagent?

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just re-ran my tests today, seems there is an error with my Sachem test reagent also.

Last night it took 7 drops = 3.5meg/L = 9.8Dkh

When I checked the test today with the provided check solution I noticed that it takes 1 extra drop of regeant to get the correct reading, so it is taking 9 drops instead of 8.

If i subtract the 1 drop (.5meg/L) from my readings I am back to 8.4Dkh which is what I think I am actually at.

My Hanna gives me 136 reading or 7.62Dkh. Much better difference.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked the reagent that came with my Checker plus an extra box. They were both bad! Thank you for posting this information!

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this news is very disappointing... I trusted Hanna and have been testing with Hanna since Feb 2 2015 as it was supposed to be more accurate and easy to use.

I checked my Hanna reagents and I'm down to 5 bottles which all happen to be bad. I also contacted my friends all using hanna and all their reagents are bad as well...
I had a brand new Red Sea Alk Test sitting in the closet, so busted that kit out and I found the following:

My display tank running zeovit and been testing Alk with the same bad reagent batches for at least six+ months:
Yesterday I was reading 8.58 on Hanna and 10.2 on Red Sea(new kit opened yesterday)
Today I was reading 7.56 on Hanna and 9.1 on Red Sea - stopped dosing yesterday to lower dKh
I lost all my sps in this tank over the past six months and never knew why... I tried everything possible and the coral kept on dying... 1000$+ worth of coral later and six months of frustration and now I know why... too bad I'm in the process of shutting down this tank due to frustration.
Based on the bad Hanna reagent I've been running this tank at 8-8.5 on Hanna Alk Checker which in reality is 9.8-10.5. no wonder sps kept on slowly dying.

My frag tank last night was reading 9.52 on Red Sea and 7.62 by Hanna, so a discrepancy of 1.9 dKh - not too bad on this as this system is not running on zeovit so it doesn't need ULNS (only problem here is that I just finished cycling this tank a week ago so its empty)

neptunebchdawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't check numbers but i was getting a 1dkh reading difference btw my hanna and salifert test kit for alk.> I also am getting a 1 ppm higher reading btw my phos regents vs a friend of mines regent . Not good at all

cincyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just bought some from Premium Aquatics. It happened to be bad as well. I had already thrown away my proof of purchase that you have to attach to get one sent to you from Hanna. Luckily Premium Aquatics is on top of it, and had me a copy of my purchasing invoice within 20 minutes of emailing them.

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what just arrived. Time to test water and compare results
image.jpeg

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have had the same issue and checked the lot against the website. My readings were 1-2dkh difference and to me that meant me tinkering a whole lot more and stressing me the **** out. I bought 4 other alk test kits Bc the Hanna kit kept testing numbers not shared by my other kits. I have a salifert Lamotte nyos and the faulty Hanna meter now. It's more than just a recall the product quality in my eyes has dropped significantly and I will not use my Hanna checker as the main test kit for alk

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Seachem still gives me the 8.4Dkh

New Hanna readings 7.84 and 7.84 with water at the top of the line in the vial and 7.9 when the water is at the bottom of the line. You know when you look at it and it looks like a bubble on top.

mind you the old regent was giving me 7.62 when i filled to the point that the air bubble was at the top of the line.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Hanna even have the new reagents ready to ship? When I submitted my info, it said it would ship in 2-4 weeks. I have looked around online and everyone seems to be out of stock. I too have been banging my head trying to dial in my two part dosing. Now I know why. This really sucks!

Back