Check Your Hanna Reagent NOW!!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok well officially done with Hanna, they sent me a second set of replacements and.......it's the same lot number they say is bad!!

Also they won't return my emails.

Anyone actually get a good replacement yet??
To everyone thats going nuts.if you submitted a claim with hannah and you recieved the reagents in the mail, If it has a green pass sticker on it and its not wrapped in plastic . its good

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if Hanna would step forward and explain this. Informing your customers of what is going on goes a long way at the end of the day. We all know that accidents happen, but when accidents lead to several thousands of dollars of loss even the most understanding person can get irate.

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is the explination they should have put out to begin with:

Ryan,

We at Hanna Instruments understand your concern and I wouls like to clarify any concerns pertaining to this issue. The recall was issued due to a problem with the white inner-seal located on the underside of the blue plastic cap. After being opened, any contact between the liquid reagent and this white inner-seal was shown to cause a reaction which affected the reagent. The liquid reagents themselves were not bad. Once we caught the error, we began replacing the affected seal with a new, non-reactive seal.

Our quality control personnel are placing green "passed" stickers on the boxes that have been corrected in this manner prior to shipment. Therefore, any new or replacement reagents, even those with a "bad lot number", that have a green "passed" sticker have had the problem corrected.

We are working hard to fully rectify this issue and are sending out replacement reagents in the order in which requests are received.

Please feel free to let me know if there is any further questions.

Regards,
Tim Larson ||

SaltMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Alkalinity comparison test:
Hanna Lot 4164: 8.9 dKH (not affected by the issue)
Hanna Lot 5554: 8.79 dKH (reagent needs to be replaced)
Red Sea Lot 238;2078;683: 8.4 dKH

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone take readings with the new and the old just to see. I haven't got my replacements yet but I'm going to test with both soon as the new ones arrive.

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my new was higher but not quite where i thought it should be... but that could be caution on my part with my dosing since finding out

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe thats why I'm not having any issues.....I punch a small hole in the foil just big enough for the syringe. This is probably why there is no reaction.

Also, wouldn't this mean that the test could have been off since it came out? How come issues are only starting now?

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Maybe thats why I'm not having any issues.....I punch a small hole in the foil just big enough for the syringe. This is probably why there is no reaction.

Also, wouldn't this mean that the test could have been off since it came out? How come issues are only starting now?
I do the same thing and ive had a reagent open for months that had to be replaced . tested it against the new one and its only 1 ppm difference witch is prob a testing error

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OLD: 155 ppm
NEW: 157 ppm

I always remove the entire foil, but I store bottles upright and a bottle only lasts me a couple of weeks because I test every day ...

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wonder if I have a new unopened "bad" bottle if I remove the white seal when I open it if it would be OK?
To be honest i think its just to keep the reagent from spilling, i have alot of bad reagent bottles not opened and keeping the ones i had upright with a little hole in the foil i think does the trick. But i also go through a bottle a month

hejjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow now I know why my alk was way off. No wonder my sps are dieing. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out was wrong. [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Last edited:

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hanna is about .6 dKh low from my Red Sea, but I store my container upright.

I always have the red sea kit to do spot checks on the Hanna, but the Hanna is so easy to use and quick, I use it for my every day checker.

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow ritter, now that is a discrepancy! I match with Salifert test about every 3-4 test to make sure they jibe. Still have yet to receive my replacement bottle.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back