Check Your Hanna Reagent NOW!!

hejjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if the bad reagent is related but my alk was always about 7.5 then one day I tested and it was up to 11.5! After I checked everything I couldn't figure what happened. Lesson learned have 2 test kits. Now I'm one of those never thought it would happen to me people. Lol

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Rit! My bad reagent is only about 0.6 dKh below my Salifert (interestingly the Salifert is 0.6 higher on the control solution that comes with it).

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Rit! My bad reagent is only about 0.6 dKh below my Salifert (interestingly the Salifert is 0.6 higher on the control solution that comes with it).

I had 9 bottles. Another one I just opened actually read the same as the same as the new reagent. The bottle that read 83 was opened for some time.

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven't received my replacements yet!! I e-mailed a rep this morning and he stated it would probably take several weeks to send them. Wow! I have been nice what I said about Hanna so far But, My patience is getting THIN. Anyone else on the TITANIC with me!

SROPE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven't received my replacements yet!! I e-mailed a rep this morning and he stated it would probably take several weeks to send them. Wow! I have been nice what I said about Hanna so far But, My patience is getting THIN. Anyone else on the TITANIC with me!
Are you totally out and can't test right now?

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bottle that said it needed to be replaced but after testing with another KIT it was spot on

They can get worse though. The reagent reacts with something in the lid and makes the test go bad over time. They can be accurate at first but by the time you get to the end of the bottle you could be way off.

ermartin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can get worse though. The reagent reacts with something in the lid and makes the test go bad over time. They can be accurate at first but by the time you get to the end of the bottle you could be way off.
Agreed I did have an issue with 1 bottle with a different LOT number. This one however has not so far. I do store the bottle out of the case since all of this started months back so it never sits on its side in the box so I am guessing that helps

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed I did have an issue with 1 bottle with a different LOT number. This one however has not so far. I do store the bottle out of the case since all of this started months back so it never sits on its side in the box so I am guessing that helps

Wouldn't hurt to get a good replacement for free though. You don't have to send the old ones back, they just send new ones.

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my new replacement reagents today! I double checked it against another test kit, spot on!
Thanks Hannah for fixing this.

SaltMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my replacement Alkalinity reagent today, took almost 4 weeks. Happy the issue was published on this forum, otherwise I would not have known. Thank you REEF2REEF members.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I applied for my replacement on 1/29/16 and still haven't received anything or an communication from Hanna. Big fan of their products but disappointed in how they've handled this.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I applied for replacement on 1/28. I just received notice that it will be here tomorrow via ups. They're slowly getting there.

Gomery12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well glad I don't have any corals yet and just checking on my water changes at the moment to verify salt says what it is. Guess I can wait for a few weeks for replacement! Glad this was posted here!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back