Check Your Hanna Reagent NOW!!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies to the folks at Hanna. My replacement reagents were on my porch when I got home from work. Results just completed

New Hanna reagent....9.1
Old Hanna reagent......9.2
Salifert.........................9.6

Salifert vs control....7.2 with control 6.7

Looks like my reagents are spot on. I'm guessing some of the "bad" reagents are actually fine and Hanna was being overly cautious which I applaud.

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Props to Hanna for finally getting mine a couple of weeks ago and they sent 2 instead of 1. Thanks Hanna.
Now I better get them both ot and check each against each other and against Salifert. Thanks for the heads-up Ritter.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes. I invested in a Hanna checker because of the accuracy. I guess two different tests are the way to go. Sort of defeats the simplicity of the Hanna, which was the big appeal for me. Sigh.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes. I invested in a Hanna checker because of the accuracy. I guess two different tests are the way to go. Sort of defeats the simplicity of the Hanna, which was the big appeal for me. Sigh.
I wouldn't be too alarmed and your checker should be just as accurate as you thought it was.
They took immediate action and most of us were alerted before we knew there was a problem (thanks to the forums).
Not only that, but it looks like the majority of us didn't even experience a major difference between the "bad" reagent and the good.
Hats off to Hanna, IMO. :)

beastium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's showing that the page is private and can't be viewed even after I made a Wufoo account. Is there another way to check if the reagent is bad?

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's showing that the page is private and can't be viewed even after I made a Wufoo account. Is there another way to check if the reagent is bad?
I'm trying to find out if my reagent is bad also. The link also shows it private for me as well.

Anyone know how to check my batch against a list of bad reagent batches?

Allen

beastium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just checked against a salifert and another hanna kit, and found that both my reagent is 2dkh below actual level, and that hanna checker is able to be accurate. Instead of buying a salifert kit I ordered a new reagent, which I will be storing UPRIGHT. My corrupted bottle of reagent is pretty new, expires 02/17, and I don't see how I would get arefund for this - so I'm just gonna toss it.

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just checked against a salifert and another hanna kit, and found that both my reagent is 2dkh below actual level, and that hanna checker is able to be accurate. Instead of buying a salifert kit I ordered a new reagent, which I will be storing UPRIGHT. My corrupted bottle of reagent is pretty new, expires 02/17, and I don't see how I would get arefund for this - so I'm just gonna toss it.
My reagent that I was using expires on 6/16 and my lot number on the reagent bottle was one of the recalled ones. They're sending me another.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back